• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RLaw

Apr 6, 2013
    Yeah I finally got to play with some at the farm yesterday. I had a group of 25-30 come in from the creek and I honked on my call and made them circle low over the field about 5 times. My OLT call never leaves my case with the 12 gauge. They would have landed, but, the Wheat is still on the field. They were looking hard trying to find me calling and they would make some small u-turns and come back, but they just could not find where the Goose was they were looking for. I could shot them several times over and could have put a few on the ground, but, I don't shoot out of season. It was fun to get them in there and they stayed below tree top level the whole time.

I was out this morning with my dozen shells and called a couple of groups, but they were really too far away. Sometimes they fly right over the barn, so that'll be the moment.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I was out this morning with my dozen shells and called a couple of groups, but they were really too far away. Sometimes they fly right over the barn, so that'll be the moment.

Well if you can narrow down their habitual coming and going, your chances will be good. Hopefully by November the grass will be gone off the field and they will get "trained" to come back and spend the day with me at the farm on a large wide open field. The early season was a complete failure, so, November should be better.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Well if you can narrow down their habitual coming and going, your chances will be good. Hopefully by November the grass will be gone off the field and they will get "trained" to come back and spend the day with me at the farm on a large wide open field. The early season was a complete failure, so, November should be better.

On the bright side, it cannot be worse. The bad days are what make the good days oh so good.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    On the bright side, it cannot be worse. The bad days are what make the good days oh so good.

Well before this time last year I had Geese on the ground and coming in by the hundreds to the farm. This year I have seen a total of about 30 Geese to date. I wonder how much this warm weather is screwing them up as well.

They look at the calendar and think, "Oh it's already Aug-tober...
    "

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    The Geese are all over Western Charles County this morning. I must have seen at least 500 fly by between 6:30am and 8:00am this morning. Too bad they weren't here a month ago.

I also got to see two Spikes, 4 Does, and a nice six while playing at the farm. Lots of Bucks running around this year.

RLaw

Apr 6, 2013
    and my waterfowl stamp finally came in the mail today. Woohoo almost 3 months later... :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom