• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Bought used. Previous owner shot a few hundred through it. He also had the bolt polished in some attempt to make it cycle low brass. He told me the name of the place that did it and I remember it being a legitimate VEPR guy but don't know the name.

I've never fired it.

One factory mag. One aftermarket mag.

What's the going rate for these nowadays?

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    An unmodified 12 was in the classifieds for $850 and gone within an hour. Wish I had gotten it.

$1300 -$1700 seems reasonable imo.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    They are cool shotguns, but didn't win me over like my Benny. Mags bulky and expensive. The V12s were imported in higher numbers than the the rifles, so probably not as expensive. I would guess $1k-1200? I have seen them higher on Gunbroker, but they just sit.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Funny I actually shot mine for the first time yesterday. Not particularly impressed. However whoever worked the action for the previous owner was successful in getting it to reliably cycle cheap bulk pack low brass ammo. One FTE in 50 rounds.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Funny I actually shot mine for the first time yesterday. Not particularly impressed. However whoever worked the action for the previous owner was successful in getting it to reliably cycle cheap bulk pack low brass ammo. One FTE in 50 rounds.
    I have my Saiga 12 SBS set up for birdshot and NV use. Lightened recoil spring, booster puck, max-gas plug. Works really well, especially with a suppressor on it. 2.5 port gun, so it's got a reasonable amount of gas going into it as it is.

I don't think $1500 is worth it for a VEPR 12 at this point, but if you've gotta have one...

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I have my Saiga 12 SBS set up for birdshot and NV use. Lightened recoil spring, booster puck, max-gas plug. Works really well, especially with a suppressor on it. 2.5 port gun, so it's got a reasonable amount of gas going into it as it is.

I don't think $1500 is worth it for a VEPR 12 at this point, but if you've gotta have one...
    This would be more fun as an SBS I think. It's rather unwieldy in its current form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom