• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fogman

Figure I would ask. I'm setting up Gold Tip Traditional Classic 600 spine arrows for target archery. I'd like to keep the point weight down to 100gr. I can't find a glue in point for the .204 ID that covers the .28 OD. Thread in points are a perfect fit for shaft. Any issues directly hot gluing the points into the shafts?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Find shaft inserts and glue them in instead.

Gluing in points can cause issues, especially if the point is wider than the shaft. When you go to retrieve the arrow, the point may remain inside the target if the glue doesn't hold.

fogman

Figuring on a little lathe work to smooth the transition, knock down the sharp edge at the back of the point.

The point will still have a shoulder to keep it from driving back into the shaft.

Shafts use a glue in combo insert/ outset but they weigh 72gr. Thinking I can get the screw in points down to 100gr on the lathe by increasing the length of the end that screws in.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    We glue points all the time; with no ill effects.

Now I must admit these are points that are produced by the makers of the shafts we are using and “shelf” prevents points from going deeper into the shaft and the transition from the point to the shaft is smooth (Ie under 0.006”)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom