• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    I've been using a G19 for shooting steel challenges and i have problems with my mags dropping free when reloading. All my mags are new gen 3 mags, that are supposed to drop free and dont. I was wondering anyone has any ideas on how to get them to drop freely on reloads. I've tried armor-all on the mags, but is doesn't seem to help.

thanks

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Are they dropping out slowly, or just not dropping out at all?

Are you running the factory mag release?

Elgan

NRA Endowment Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Harford County
    Does the mag well look ok? No rough edges/chips/protrusions from something getting up there? Empty mag versus fully loaded have the same issues? Have you field stripped it and looked at the frame/mag well area for anything out of place?

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    Does the mag well look ok? No rough edges/chips/protrusions from something getting up there? Empty mag versus fully loaded have the same issues? Have you field stripped it and looked at the frame/mag well area for anything out of place?

only happens on empties, loaded mags drop fine. i've taken it apart and nothing looks out of place

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Have you tried someone elses mags? Another 19 or 17?

You might want to look at the mags closely. I have been OK with factory, but I had to do a little surgery on some Korean mags. The edges and seams where molded were a little rough and would cause empties to hang up a little.

Watdahec

Flipside
    Oct 31, 2012
    Glen burnie
    Had this same problem with mine. I purchased a no name pistol grip plug that was made like crap and causing it to bind on the bottom of my stock mags, pulled it out and it worked fine. not sure if this will help you but thought I'd try.

May 13, 2005
    Maybe you bought non-drop free mags that were sold as drop free mags?

+1 on trying someone else's mags that are drop free. If they don't drop free, then it's in the frame and a Glock armorer would be a good place to start.

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    Found the problem. I took it apart and really looked at the mag release. There was a bit of an extra lip that was binding against the mag. I took my dremel to it and that did the trick. Thanks for the help guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom