• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maki

Jun 11, 2020
    Odenton
    So asfaik, the G47 isn't available right now to purchase in MD, however, I'm more interested in the "19L" aspect of it than having the 19X side of it as well. I currently own a 19MOS that I CCW.

So my options as I see it are:
    1: Wait for it to get on the roster and buy a 47 whole (~$700 after FFL/Shipping Fees, and most FFLs will probably mark up a bit anyway, Buy a G19 Lower (~$250), and essentially have the 47 frame just sit in the safe.
    2: Get the G19 Frame (~$250) and then get a 47 Upper (~$580+Shipping). Don't have to wait for it to be on the roster, and won't have an extra frame laying around.
    I've currently got a 17 I'm considering selling as it feels just a bit too big for me, while the 19 grip is fine, as is my 26 with the mag extension (essentially making it 19 length anyway). Is there any downside to option 2 here?

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    I'm in a similar situation but I want the 19L and 45 set up. Thus, I'm just going to get the 47 when it is available.

If you are sure that you only want the 19L set up, then your second listed option makes the most sense. But you since you already have a 19MOS, and IF it is a gen5, you don't have to buy another 19 frame. You can just buy the 47 complete slide and then swap slides.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I like it and I think this kind of modularity is long overdue for Glock. That said, I don't see enough of a use case for me personally to go replacing my nightstand G17.

I would personally wait for it to hit the roster, so you can have "the real thing". But that is also just my OCD creeping in.

Maki

Jun 11, 2020
    Odenton
    I like it and I think this kind of modularity is long overdue for Glock. That said, I don't see enough of a use case for me personally to go replacing my nightstand G17.

I would personally wait for it to hit the roster, so you can have "the real thing". But that is also just my OCD creeping in.
    I bought a nonMOS G17 and after first range day regretting it. I've gotten used to shooting with RDS, I just don't see myself using Irons unless my optic fails or there's a friendly iron sights competition between friends. I plan on selling that to fund my 47.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I bought a nonMOS G17 and after first range day regretting it. I've gotten used to shooting with RDS, I just don't see myself using Irons unless my optic fails or there's a friendly iron sights competition between friends. I plan on selling that to fund my 47.
    What generation? Hell, $100 for a good slide cut(non MOS).

Maki

Jun 11, 2020
    Odenton
    What generation? Hell, $100 for a good slide cut(non MOS).
    Gen 5, but there's no one doing MOS cuts that line the serrations up for the SCS that I've found. It was the Silver/Crushed Orchid one, and I bought it on impulse OVER an 17MOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom