• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Was one of the lucky 70 (first manufacturing run) today that was able to place an order for the Apex FRE_G_KIT Glock Failure Resistant Extractor. Been waiting for months for the release of this product.

Many beta testers have stated, this solves all issues with 9mm Gen 4's and late model Gen 3's.

When I receive mine and throw 10K downrange, I will post the results on:

Gen 3 G19 (casing fire date 10/2010) & Gen 4 G17 (casing fire date 8/2010).

http://www.apextactical.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/G-FRE-Release.jpg

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Aww shucks I just sold my G19...maybe this would have fixed it?

I'll be holding out for a Gen5...maybe Glock can fix this without having to go aftermarket.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Gen 4 19 or 17. I think the problems are overblown and most related to rsa's. You don't hear many complaints about current Gen 3 19s and 17s. Or Gen 4 19s or 17s for that matter.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Gen 4 19 or 17. I think the problems are overblown and most related to rsa's. You don't hear many complaints about current Gen 3 19s and 17s. Or Gen 4 19s or 17s for that matter.

I can only go off of what mine did.

With a 4/12 build date it sent 1-2 rounds straight back at me striking me in the face. The others were erratic and weak ejecting.

Gen 4 G19. Tried everything from 115 ball to 147 HP all with same results.

To me...that's a problem.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto

As previously stated: I can only speak for mine and what I have witnessed in handgun classes. There is an issue with ejection.

History:

The 1st release of the 9mm Gen 4's (dual spring) yes they went through multiple RSA's. Once the RSA issue was solved, then Glock swapped out the ejector from 336 to 30274. Now all late model Gen 4's G-17 & G-34's are shipped with RSA 0-2-4 and ejector 30274 (I can only speak for Gen 4 G-17 & G-34, why because I have both). BUT that didn't solve all ejection issues, which leave the MIM extractor. Note: the MIM extractor is also common to all late model Gen 3's 9mm. Who is also having ejection issues. My Gen 4 G17 has been back to the factory TWICE, my Gen 3 G19 once, the Gen 4 G34 purchased with the new ejector & RSA. All have the friggin MIM extractor and hopefully the Apex product will solve my ejection issues.

For the last so many months, Apex has been beta testing their 9mm FRE_G_KIT. Many of the leading shootist and their students have put it through the ringer and today they finally released it to the public.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Seems unnecessary to me but I hope it works out.

The new glock extractor is a problem. I personally don't think it's because they went to MIM, I think it's because they changed the design. I've detailed my results in other threads.

I've really been looking forward to the apex part, even though I've had good results with the lone wolf. I'm anxious to see what you think of it.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    Buy used manufactured before January 2010 and a spring kit from Glockparts, nothing else to replace and it's good as new.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I can only go off of what mine did.

With a 4/12 build date it sent 1-2 rounds straight back at me striking me in the face. The others were erratic and weak ejecting.

Gen 4 G19. Tried everything from 115 ball to 147 HP all with same results.

To me...that's a problem.

Did it malfunction? Just curious.

As previously stated: I can only speak for mine and what I have witnessed in handgun classes. There is an issue with ejection.

History:

The 1st release of the 9mm Gen 4's (dual spring) yes they went through multiple RSA's. Once the RSA issue was solved, then Glock swapped out the ejector from 336 to 30274. Now all late model Gen 4's G-17 & G-34's are shipped with RSA 0-2-4 and ejector 30274 (I can only speak for Gen 4 G-17 & G-34, why because I have both). BUT that didn't solve all ejection issues, which leave the MIM extractor. Note: the MIM extractor is also common to all late model Gen 3's 9mm. Who is also having ejection issues. My Gen 4 G17 has been back to the factory TWICE, my Gen 3 G19 once, the Gen 4 G34 purchased with the new ejector & RSA. All have the friggin MIM extractor and hopefully the Apex product will solve my ejection issues.

For the last so many months, Apex has been beta testing their 9mm FRE_G_KIT. Many of the leading shootist and their students have put it through the ringer and today they finally released it to the public.

Did your gun malfunction, or just erratic brass? I'm not saying there isn't a problem, I'm just saying its probably overstated. I can't fathom why they would not have fixed the extractor if that was the issue. Anything is possible. I guess I'm just thinking its crazy to buy a new firearm and then have to buy an aftermarket extractor after the case. If people are that convinced that Gen 4 17s and 19s are going to fall flat on their face, then they should probably buy an M&P and not buy the Glock and then the extractor. I realize this isn't the case with you two since you already had your guns.

I have a later model (sort of) Gen 3 G19 and it's been 100% reliable after about 9-10k rounds. The brass is erratic sometimes, and I may have had a couple pieces fly at my face once or twice, but it's rare. The gun functions, and if I get a piece of brass flying at me every few hundred rounds, that's life.

Last edited:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Mine did not but IMHO with the ejection it was a stove pipe waiting to happen. If I could go a thousand rounds that would be okay. Every mag for a 9mm target gun is unacceptable. Can't take new people to shot it was it would no doubt turn them away plus if I decided to CCW it I really don't want to deal with taking chances that it will or won't eject properly. I'd even be willing to keep it if the ammo mattered but it didn't change. Weak ejection on most rounds and straight back on a few every mag makes for a poor range gun. I have 3 MP's and have a lot of time behind a Sig And I don't think I have ever had brass come at me. Let alone one or two a mag.

I understand the squeaky wheel gets the grease but if this was a made up Internet rumor they wouldn't have had 2-3 recalls on the gun already.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Alias, I was having 1-2 rounds per mag cause a malfunction that required the mag to be removed. It would kind of stovepipe, but lengthwise, and about 1/3 of the time if you just tried to clear it, it would double feed. Never figured out the double feed, but it hasn't been an issue since I replaced the extractor. Needless to say, it was extremely frustrating to have a brand new, nearly $600 jam o matic.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    This is the difference in the extractors, up front is a lone wolf, modeled after the original Glock extractor; in the back is the Glock OEM Gen 4. Notice the difference in the claw.
    u2yzaqu9.jpg

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Did it malfunction? Just curious.

Did your gun malfunction, or just erratic brass? I'm not saying there isn't a problem, I'm just saying its probably overstated. I can't fathom why they would not have fixed the extractor if that was the issue. Anything is possible. I guess I'm just thinking its crazy to buy a new firearm and then have to buy an aftermarket extractor after the case. If people are that convinced that Gen 4 17s and 19s are going to fall flat on their face, then they should probably buy an M&P and not buy the Glock and then the extractor. I realize this isn't the case with you two since you already had your guns.

I have a later model (sort of) Gen 3 G19 and it's been 100% reliable after about 9-10k rounds. The brass is erratic sometimes, and I may have had a couple pieces fly at my face once or twice, but it's rare. The gun functions, and if I get a piece of brass flying at me every few hundred rounds, that's life.

All have been ejection issues. Prior to Ejector 30274, my 17 ejected a round that ended up between my glasses and eye lid resulting in a nice burn.

Tried many after market extractors and springs, now I will try Apex.

My G26 June 2007, will eat anything and always strong 3-4 o'clock ejection. Yes, I have four Glocks all 9mm.

Vin great picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom