• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Just put this here as a general interest sort of thing. Seems like a neat idea. Round is being developed by a Belgian company to compete with the FN 5.7 and similar. Small caliber, high speed, 71 grain bullet @ 1748 fps. Like a Tokarev round only slightly lighter and faster.

Last edited:

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Interesting idea. Went and checked out their website, looks like they have a few decent designs for ammunition and firearms.

I say we write and tell them if they're willing to supply, we'll be willing to test the rounds/firearms for them at the next shoot!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    not a bad idea for a military application, but they will probably suck in a civilian loading, most of the bullets shown would classify as AP handgun rounds. Bullets as light as the ones shown normally have dismal penetration unless they are FMJ, or have a properly designed bullet that won't over-expand or break up when it is a conventional lead core/jacketed round.

R2.0

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2008
    7.92 is .323", which is larger than .308, which is the Tokarev round. I guess I don't really see the point.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    7.92 is .323", which is larger than .308, which is the Tokarev round. I guess I don't really see the point.
    +1. Why dont they just chamber it for 7.62x25 Tok. There is already surplus ammo and new ammo, and re-loading dies so WTF? I've seen here and other sites that people would like a modern gun chambered for this round.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    +1. Why dont they just chamber it for 7.62x25 Tok. There is already surplus ammo and new ammo, and re-loading dies so WTF? I've seen here and other sites that people would like a modern gun chambered for this round.

because then the Belgian dude would only be able to sell conversion kits, and not his sure to be pricey ammo. To put it in perspective, the bisecting ammo shown in the test is about the same velocity, dia and weight as 2 #0 steel buckshot pellets, definitely not the Hammer of thor the guy makes it out to be. The problem is that at that high of a velocity there are few bullet designs that hold together, FMJ does, but there is little difference between a 9mm round and a 7.62X25, or in this case, a 7.92mmX24 if they use the same bullet in terminal performance, all leave a similar diameter permanent cavity, none go fast enough to damage anything from hydrostatic shock, and all are capable of punching straight through a bad guy, although the lighter bullets are more easily deflected by obstacles, and if the bullet is too light, as is the case with the 5.7FN, they just don't have enough mass to penetrate.

R2.0

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2008
    I read some of the site; it looks like a gimmick. Apparently the bore is .308, but the projectile has a cladding (?) that bumps the bullet diameter to .32 cal. It has less recoil than a 9x19 and, depending how deeply you seat the bullet, can fit in .380, 9mm, or .45 sized actions.

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    very old thread i know. but a legitimate demo of the search function as well. What i would like to know is, has anyone done this to their glock since this thread died. I'm trying to locate a conversion kit but so far no luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom