• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Watching the latest reviews they are currently jam-o-matics...I straight up passed on my distributor on stocking them as of right now. *Yawn*

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    Watching the latest reviews they are currently jam-o-matics...I straight up passed on my distributor on stocking them as of right now. *Yawn*

Not sure about the Glock 28, but I once talked to a Brazilian (on another message board) who owned a Glock 25, and he said it was not very reliable, either. The .380 Glocks are all just re-chambered 9x19mm variants, and apparently, .380 isn't quite powerful enough for reliable cycling compared to 9mm Para.

Really not sure what demand signal Glock sees for this pistol, but what do I know. Either way, I'm sticking with my Glock 26.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not sure about the Glock 28, but I once talked to a Brazilian (on another message board) who owned a Glock 25, and he said it was not very reliable, either. The .380 Glocks are all just re-chambered 9x19mm variants, and apparently, .380 isn't quite powerful enough for reliable cycling compared to 9mm Para.

Really not sure what demand signal Glock sees for this pistol, but what do I know. Either way, I'm sticking with my Glock 26.
    I've got a G42 that has eaten everything I've fed it, from Speer Lawman to Rem Golden Sabers. Not a single hiccup in 250 rounds, so far.

I am with you on the G28 though. It is almost identical in size and weight as the G26, so might as well go with the G26 instead. Better fire power.

(G28 on the left. G26 on the right)

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 18-46-24 Glock G28 vs Glock G26 size comparison Handgun Hero.png

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Glock, please stop.
    A pistol chambered in a less powerful round that's larger than many pistols chambered in the same or more powerful rounds and is near to makes no difference to something you have made for 30 years.
    Enough.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I'm looking forward to the G25 being available.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Glock gunna glock. Give the public a factory 9mm PCC? Nahhh f-emm. Let's dump a less powerful and less reliable g26 on them.

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    I've got a G42 that has eaten everything I've fed it, from Speer Lawman to Rem Golden Sabers. Not a single hiccup in 250 rounds, so far.

I am with you on the G28 though. It is almost identical in size and weight as the G26, so might as well go with the G26 instead. Better fire power.

(G28 on the left. G26 on the right)

View attachment 409176
    The big difference there is that the G42 was designed concurrently with the G43, so Glock had the opportunity to design the frame/slide from the ground up to work with both calibers (kinda like H&K did with the original 9mm and .40 S&W USPs). Whereas the G25 and G28 both came out after the G19 and G26 (respectively), so Glock has apparently had to tinker with the barrel lock-up quite a bit over the years to make the pistols decently reliable with .380. I’m sure that they’ve improved over time. But they were still designed as 9mm Para weapons originally, so I’m guessing that they’ll never be as reliable as they were in their original caliber.

Then again, it’s an issue that Glock has always had with re-chambering their 9mm pistols for other calibers. (The release of the .40 S&W models being the best example.)

Last edited:

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Have you heard anything? Because it has always been restricted sales to European law enforcement agencies.
    Not a thing, but if they bring the G28 mayhap they bring the G25 too.

I wasn't overly serious though.

TwinTurbskis

professional amateur
    Jun 9, 2020
    Derwood, MD
    It certainly intrigues me. I'm going to look into getting a G28 for my wife as she likes the way my G26 fits her hand, but 9mm is a bit harsh for her. Not a done decision by any means though. I'm hoping by the time it makes the roster we'll know a bit more regarding reliability etc.

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    First review I’ve seen is from Mr. Guns ‘N Gear:

Big takeaway: The G28 is pretty damn finicky about ammo, and unreliable with many types. Part of the problem is that he tried testing it with G26 mags and mag extensions, but even when he went back to using the factory mags, he still had issues.

Old-School Mark

My pronouns: Me, Myself and I.
    Jan 23, 2023
    Silver Spring
    I‘ve never tried the 28, but I’ve put a few hundred rounds through a 42. I’ve had a few minor issues, including failure to eject and one or two stovepipes, but nothing major. I was shooting with a beginner once who had several jams of one sort or another, but I attributed that to his experience. He and I were using the same gun and ammo. For the most part, I trust the 42. I do prefer the 26 though.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg

sort of like the old gm 350 gas engine converted to diesel in the late 70's and early 80's. Poo Poo Tray Platter...

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I’m getting at least one of each just for collecting purposes, probably won’t shoot it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom