• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    just to add to my post above, i have a 17, 19 & 26 (and a couple of .40 and 357 varieties) and the 43x is my sole carry gun (appendix iwb). try before you buy, but do try.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    The difference in thickness between a g26 and g43x is substantial. I personally find the g43x to be easier to carry, even with the 407k sticking off the top. I can get a full grip on the 43x, while the 26 leaves me dangling a pinky. Consequently, i shoot the 43x like a full sized gun, while struggling a bit more with 26 sized guns. 15 rnds(thanks shield arms) is also better than 10.

If you carry at 4 o'clock, the 26 might conceal easier. If you appendix, the 43 will likely carry easier. It is kind've cool to be able to just toss in a 33rnd mag into the 26 though...
    I put the Shield RMSc 4MOA on the 43x and when carrying AIWB I don't notice the optic. I have not decided on getting the higher capacity magazines or not.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I put the Shield RMSc 4MOA on the 43x and when carrying AIWB I don't notice the optic. I have not decided on getting the higher capacity magazines or not.
    I felt the height difference with the 407k. For printing, a holster that cants the handle in results in a small red dot bump to the right of my belly button. It's small, but without that extra height the gun was invisible.

The s15 mags are pretty much the reason I went with this instead of a 365. I've tossed a couple thousand shots through them so far and have only run into issues with exactly 1 load, federal 124 gr fmj. The length seemed to drag the nose near the cutout for the mag catch up front. I would get occasional malfunctions about 5-7 shots in to a new mag with federal 124 gr.

I've never had a malfunction with any hollowpoint or with the flat nosed federal 147gr. It's also ran flawless with all kinds of different 115 gr fmj.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I felt the height difference with the 407k. For printing, a holster that cants the handle in results in a small red dot bump to the right of my belly button. It's small, but without that extra height the gun was invisible.

The s15 mags are pretty much the reason I went with this instead of a 365. I've tossed a couple thousand shots through them so far and have only run into issues with exactly 1 load, federal 124 gr fmj. The length seemed to drag the nose near the cutout for the mag catch up front. I would get occasional malfunctions about 5-7 shots in to a new mag with federal 124 gr.

I've never had a malfunction with any hollowpoint or with the flat nosed federal 147gr. It's also ran flawless with all kinds of different 115 gr fmj.
    One reason I picked Shield RMSc was I did not want a Chinese made product. We've been trying to shop not Chinese.

I will look at the different magazines. I'd guess you changed the release as well to the metal one from Shield mags?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    One reason I picked Shield RMSc was I did not want a Chinese made product. We've been trying to shop not Chinese.

I will look at the different magazines. I'd guess you changed the release as well to the metal one from Shield mags?
    Yup. Changed the mag release out. It does mean you need to yank glock mags out though.

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland

Have you also had issues with other 124 gr 9mm ammo or only Federal?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Have you also had issues with other 124 gr 9mm ammo or only Federal?
    I haven't ran too many other manufacturers with 124 gr fmj. I've ran a crap ton of hollowpoints from different manufacturers between 115 gr to 147gr. I'll give some other ones a try next range trip and report back.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    My G-26 clone with a standard 10 round mag is comfortable to carry IWB even when driving, and is also accurate. Not much else needed in carry gun. The grip is short even for my small hands but have not found the need for a mag extension.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Personally I just grabbed my first Sig and find it fits my hand better as well as my G48 So ...
    Once you decide you are still interested I will be selling a G27(.40) w/Lone Wolf 9mm conversion PM for full info if interested.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    If I carry via ankle holster, then the G27 is what goes in it. G27 is a G26 in fortay. I chose the G27 because my primary carry is a G35 and the G27 can use all mags that go into the G35. When I carry the G27, I have the mag extenders in the G27 specific mag which gives my pinky a place to hold.

I shoot the G35 better than all my other guns (which is why I carry it). The G27 was chosen only because of the mag compatibility. With that said, I like shooting the G27 too.

whiskey3

MDS Supporter
    Jul 27, 2022
    Solomons, MD
    I like the G27 as well. With a pinky extension on the magazine my hand fits nicely. Its deadly accurate to 10 yards. And it hides very well. If you want something easy to carry and super reliable, I think a 26 would be a good choice. (pick a serious self defense round, you only get 11 of those little .9s in a 26 !!)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    If I carry via ankle holster, then the G27 is what goes in it. G27 is a G26 in fortay. I chose the G27 because my primary carry is a G35 and the G27 can use all mags that go into the G35. When I carry the G27, I have the mag extenders in the G27 specific mag which gives my pinky a place to hold.

I shoot the G35 better than all my other guns (which is why I carry it). The G27 was chosen only because of the mag compatibility. With that said, I like shooting the G27 too.
    The .40 cal Glocks are crazy versatile. You can shoot 9mm with a conversion barrel and mags, and .357 Sig with a properly chambered barrel. Obviously you’d want to test for reliability before carrying, as is always the case.

Jul 14, 2022
    towson
    I got a 3rd gen 26 that is In great shape for sale if you are interested. One of those I just picked up on GB because it was such a good deal let me know if you are interested

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Yup. Changed the mag release out. It does mean you need to yank glock mags out though.
    I did as well but today at the range I couldn't get a factory glock mag to release to save my life. I had to unload the weapon and really put the mojo to the mag release and was able to get it out. The Shield mag release did not disengage from the mag to allow it to release. Both Shield mags worked fine and dropped cleanly, but not the Glock mag, so I swapped back the oem mag release when I got back home and no issues with either. This was with a 43x.

I'll stick with the factory mag release even when running shield mags, they are cheap enough if I ever have to replace one.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Apparently palmettostatearmory is coming out with a 43x sized dagger, complete with 15rnd psa metal/polymer hybrid body mags. I'm interested in seeing how they end up working.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom