• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_mds

Oct 11, 2020
    Ceciltucky
    My gen5 Glock 17 is shooting a bit to the left. Approximately 3 inches at 15 yards and proportionally worse at 25+. (Confirmed by someone who shoots better in their sleep than I do awake)

I bought a sight adjustment tool and was wondering if anyone had an idea of how much of a correction I should start with…are we talking moving it a millimeter to start? Any tips on this procedure to share?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Quick scribbles... that's 3" off at 540 inches out... which is .0055555555 off at 1 inch.... or .0372" off at 6.69" inches out(g17 sight radius)... orrrrrrrr about .95mm. So try 1mm right and see where you hit.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Quick scribbles... that's 3" off at 540 inches out... which is .0055555555 off at 1 inch.... or .0372" off at 6.69" inches out(g17 sight radius)... orrrrrrrr about .95mm. So try 1mm right and see where you hit.
    I disagree. More like a smidge. :)

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I disagree. More like a smidge. :)
    Roughly 53 twips
    Screenshot_20230526_155743_Gallery.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That graphic is enough to drive a dyslexic into a stupor.

Last edited:

JoeCon

Apr 2, 2023
    Pasadena Md
    My gen5 Glock 17 is shooting a bit to the left. Approximately 3 inches at 15 yards and proportionally worse at 25+. (Confirmed by someone who shoots better in their sleep than I do awake)

I bought a sight adjustment tool and was wondering if anyone had an idea of how much of a correction I should start with…are we talking moving it a millimeter to start? Any tips on this procedure to share?
    Following

Mike_mds

Oct 11, 2020
    Ceciltucky
    So I ended up buying the ATG Heavy Duty Universal Pistol Dovetailed Rear Sight Pusher Tool off of Amazon. I’m liking it a lot…was stupid simple to use and well built. A little painters tape and a ruler and I adjusted the sight 1 mm to the right. Lucked out that my guy who tested it originally was at a local range on Saturday and ran the gun over to him for testing. Ended up moving it a thin red one back to the left and he was killing a one inch box at 15-25 yards. Outrider’s math skills were right on the money…it was probably right at the .95 mm shift he suggested.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I typically just lock the slide in a vice and then use a hand-clamp with a pusher-dowel to squeeze sights on or off. Works like a charm and you can make pretty small adjustments this way. Plus if you do any woodworking, you should already have plenty of clamps clamped around.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My 8th grade shop teach voted me Most Likely to be Killed in a Home Improvement Accident so I opted for the sight pusher tool.
    Lol! I voted my best friend, who is in the same construction business I'm, most likely to take a limb off. Well, I'm happy to report, he is retiring this year along with me with all limbs firmly intact. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom