• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dre271

Dre
    Oct 9, 2011
    Howard County
    Guys,

I usually stick to the c&r forum, but I have decided to get a modern firearm. Crazy as the may be, where is the best place to purchase a Glock 17 Gen 3 in the Baltimore area?

Thanks,
    Dre271

dre271

Dre
    Oct 9, 2011
    Howard County
    I bought from 2A before, stood there for about 30 mins, watching admin stuff before I was helped. Not a bad shop, but I think I will give The Gun Shop a try. Stand by.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I bought from 2A before, stood there for about 30 mins, watching admin stuff before I was helped. Not a bad shop, but I think I will give The Gun Shop a try. Stand by.

There's a really weird guy in there who works Wednesdays. Be sure to make fun of Browning guns while he is in earshot......

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland

Most shops are busy right now, so you're going to have to wait behind people already in the queue. I've waited in line for 20 minutes at 2A for a couple boxes of ammo, but its a good shop, that's why people pack in there. This has come up on some other threads, the shops can't keep up with email and voicemail. Your best bet in my opinion is call until you get through and see what a shop has in stock or can order for you and of course the price. If you like the price, get your butt over there and buy it, if you ask they may even hold it for you.
    I recently picked up a couple handguns and suffered thru unreturned voicemails, PM's, and emails. I don't mind waiting in a line if they have what I want, at a price I'm willing to pay.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Most shops are busy right now, so you're going to have to wait behind people already in the queue. I've waited in line for 20 minutes at 2A for a couple boxes of ammo, but its a good shop, that's why people pack in there. This has come up on some other threads, the shops can't keep up with email and voicemail. Your best bet in my opinion is call until you get through and see what a shop has in stock or can order for you and of course the price. If you like the price, get your butt over there and buy it, if you ask they may even hold it for you.
    I recently picked up a couple handguns and suffered thru unreturned voicemails, PM's, and emails. I don't mind waiting in a line if they have what I want, at a price I'm willing to pay.

A lot of new and or inexperienced folks out there taking time in the shops, patience is key, and it opens up good opportunities to get into conversations with newer shooters who appreciate the advice and camaraderie. Many are just like I was a long time ago and don't have any source of info other than just going out to shops and asking questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom