• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Western MD is a separate state in every respect except name, flag, and taxes only. I can smell the liberal stench when I head east.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Western MD is a separate state in every respect except name, flag, and taxes only. I can smell the liberal stench when I head east.

Just remember this, it ain't all of us 'Eastern Marylanders' who are supports of Owe'Malley and the corrupt Maryland political machine. Interestingly it is only 3 jusridictions that determine the hard left slant....PG County, Montgomery County, and Baltimore City. All other jurisdictions vary from middle of the road to pretty Conservative. Pretty much all the EAstern Shore is Conservative, for example. While my own county (Anne Arundel) is not solidly right, it has long been pretty conservative. That's how our county got carved up among 4 different US Congressional districts. Kinda the same situation among your neigbors where, instead of being grouped with North western Maryland (areas like Thurmont, Frederick, and moving along the Mason-Dixon westward), you are no grouped with populous areas of Montgomery County which have nothing in commom with most Western MAryland residents but still serve to give you a congressional rep that has nothing in common with any of you. W should create a new state out of DC and make PG and Montgomery County a part of it as well. Then we'd have a mostly center-right state.

StanW

Hooligan #8
    Dec 18, 2012
    Western MD
    Just remember this, it ain't all of us 'Eastern Marylanders' who are supports of Owe'Malley and the corrupt Maryland political machine. Interestingly it is only 3 jusridictions that determine the hard left slant....PG County, Montgomery County, and Baltimore City. All other jurisdictions vary from middle of the road to pretty Conservative. Pretty much all the EAstern Shore is Conservative, for example. While my own county (Anne Arundel) is not solidly right, it has long been pretty conservative. That's how our county got carved up among 4 different US Congressional districts. Kinda the same situation among your neigbors where, instead of being grouped with North western Maryland (areas like Thurmont, Frederick, and moving along the Mason-Dixon westward), you are no grouped with populous areas of Montgomery County which have nothing in commom with most Western MAryland residents but still serve to give you a congressional rep that has nothing in common with any of you. W should create a new state out of DC and make PG and Montgomery County a part of it as well. Then we'd have a mostly center-right state.

Perhaps a MD Civil War. Those Gun Free Zones would be easy pickins (note to FBi, CIA, NSA, ATF; just kidding)

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown

Agreed 100%. I am born and raised in W. MD but lived on the eastern shore for a few years and I am well aware that it is more conservative than the center of the state, specifically the counties you mentioned. The gerrymandering in this state is crazy!

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Agreed 100%. I am born and raised in W. MD but lived on the eastern shore for a few years and I am well aware that it is more conservative than the center of the state, specifically the counties you mentioned. The gerrymandering in this state is crazy!

My county, Anne Arundel, was once basically it's own congressional district. Now we are split between the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th congrssional districts. The term 'Gerrymander' came from 'gerry rigging' a map so that a congressional district looked like a salamander. Our state has districts that look like a Rorschach test or ink just flung on paper. Here's a map of my Congressional district: http://www.mdp.state.md.us/pdf/redistricting/2010maps/cong/dist_4.pdf

The whole area to the north and east is mostlly right of center with some pretty conservative areas. We have NOTHING in comon with those in the west/south areas of our district who are mostly uber liberal.
    Where I live is in the THIRD completely different district in 20 years (Schaefer first carved our county up because our state delegation didn't go along with some of his program). Originally carved up in 1990, we were further carved up in 2000 then completely decimated in 2010.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Nuts. Can you imagine a liberal's surprise when trying to get one an airplane and being told - MD driver's licenses are invalid for ID? (The REAL ID Act). Oh, and no more passport applications either... You need a valid state issued ID and passports are federal...

I think this provision will need to be scraped OR the license issued with "Not for Federal ID" warning. Perhaps the Fed's will slap O'Malley and the GA on this one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom