• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Have a buddy from Idaho coming into town next week. He's never been to Gettysburg, so we're going to drive up there and do a battlefield tour. We obviously also want to hit some local gun shops while there or along the way. Recommendations? Thanks!

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Have a buddy from Idaho coming into town next week. He's never been to Gettysburg, so we're going to drive up there and do a battlefield tour. We obviously also want to hit some local gun shops while there or along the way. Recommendations? Thanks!
    Reddings hardware, it’s right in town. Usually a little high priced, but a cool “old time” store.
    There is also Gettysburg trading post, it’s a pawnshop, that’s really a gun store. Lol

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Definitely stop at the horse soldier and little drummer boy in town. Both shops are better than any museum out there. Bring your check book though if you plan on buying anything.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Gotta eat and I highly recommend “Garryowen Irish Pub”. Good food and good atmosphere.
    12658A33-2649-4740-BB10-432D5AE68703.jpeg

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    You've not had good food if you've not eaten at the Dobbin House. The atmosphere is spectacular too.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    For firearms (along with Redding Hardware already mentioned) you have Gettysburg Trading Post on the east side of town. Good inventory and plenty of ammo/accessories. For food the wife and I like General Pickett's Buffet (lunch/dinner) and Gettysburg Family Restaurant (breakfast). For morning coffee and bagels/breakfast sandwiches we like the Ragged Edge Coffee House in the heart of town. I like Getting there early as the town awakens.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Appalachian brewing company is more touristy and has that chain restaurant feel. I would take Mason Dixon over Appalachian any day.

The nearest gun shops have already been mentioned.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    So what I'm taking away from the responses in this thread is that the only thing more important to this group than the gun shops is the food. :)

Roksfr

Ardent Safety Training
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 14, 2020
    Southern AA
    Redding's Hardware is a must stop, my preference on quick stop for grub and beverage is Fourscore Beer Co.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom