Getting information on a submitted restricted Firearm App other than through my FFL.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MichaelTech

Feb 21, 2013
    I won't go into other than top say my Transfer FFL is swamped and I don't know if they are keeping up with things.

The last week I have several "indicators" that he is not keeping up.

So the questions are:

Can I call myself and find out where they are at on applications in general and even specifics on my Application.

If so where do I call? Do all applications go to the same MSP location/Barracks or different MSP location/Barracks depending on where your FFL is located in the state?

Last. My FFL is definitely at the point of being sour and frustrated with processing a rush of applications and then sitting on the guns waiting for the paper work back. They have no free time and also can't plan anything for themselves not knowing when paperwork is coming back and trying to be available to transfer the guns when the paperwork does come back. I am treading lightly between getting information and them not thinking I am pestering them and they stop communicating with me. First time I called them after my first paper work was submitted was 30 days. and I had only called them after 7-8 days had gone by after that.

In fact, Today was the first day I called them after setting up the transfer for my second purchase which I did 10 days ago. So this last time I had 10 day in between calls. In this time frame the FFl told me that the date he knew they were on was Feb 14th on that call 10 days ago to today when he told me they were on Feb 15th. I am at day 53 now and I want better info and although I am not being a pest to my FFL I feel that they are not too happy now fielding any calls so I don't want to get cut off.

So how can I keep informed on my submitted paperwork?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I won't go into other than top say my Transfer FFL is swamped and I don't know if they are keeping up with things.

The last week I have several "indicators" that he is not keeping up.

So the questions are:

Can I call myself and find out where they are at on applications in general and even specifics on my Application.

If so where do I call? Do all applications go to the same MSP location/Barracks or different MSP location/Barracks depending on where your FFL is located in the state?

Last. My FFL is definitely at the point of being sour and frustrated with processing a rush of applications and then sitting on the guns waiting for the paper work back. They have no free time and also can't plan anything for themselves not knowing when paperwork is coming back and trying to be available to transfer the guns when the paperwork does come back. I am treading lightly between getting information and them not thinking I am pestering them and they stop communicating with me. First time I called them after my first paper work was submitted was 30 days. and I had only called them after 7-8 days had gone by after that.

In fact, Today was the first day I called them after setting up the transfer for my second purchase which I did 10 days ago. So this last time I had 10 day in between calls. In this time frame the FFl told me that the date he knew they were on was Feb 14th on that call 10 days ago to today when he told me they were on Feb 15th. I am at day 53 now and I want better info and although I am not being a pest to my FFL I feel that they are not too happy now fielding any calls so I don't want to get cut off.

So how can I keep informed on my submitted paperwork?

Sorry bub. There are plenty of other members that are waiting between 40-60+ days as of right now. Calling MSP is not going to speed things up, nor will you get the answer you are looking for. Once you hit the 65-70+ day mark, that is when I would ask the FFL if everything is going ok on their end.

Beyond that, sit back and relax. Your babies aren't going to go running off into the sunset with another person.

Oh, you'll hear back from your FFL in 2 weeks. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom