• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    A fellow DC resident was talking with one of the Sr. Sgt's in the firearms office a while ago about ammo and the Sgt. said DC would consider the solid copper self defense rounds out there now as restricted because copper is mentioned in the list of "restricted" bullets. There was also mention of them considering just any lead free round as restricted.

I emailed multiple times asking if they could clarify their position on monolithic and lead free ammo and they just refuse to give an answer.
    one of my younger brothers is a DC FF Captain-- working on Battalion Chief. He tells me the DC Cops suck and are anti-2A. More of the guns for me not for thee crowd. Yet, most if his FF buddies- black and white and whatever are much more pro 2A. DC sucks.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    What a joke…the first available appointment in 7/25…..I’m currently working about a mile from there….5 months from now who knows where I’ll be…probably on the other coast…do you just select concealed carry or do you need to select fingerprints also? Or they will do them in you need them with just selecting concealed carry?

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    one of my younger brothers is a DC FF Captain-- working on Battalion Chief. He tells me the DC Cops suck and are anti-2A. More of the guns for me not for thee crowd. Yet, most if his FF buddies- black and white and whatever are much more pro 2A. DC sucks.
    When I was registering one of my guns when MPD was still the FFL, one of the Sgts in the room said if it was up to him civilians shouldn't be able to have firearms.

When my brother and I were doing our CCW appointment some retired DC cop who was getting his LEOSA stuff done made some really outlandish crack under his breath to my brother and I about civilians carrying.

My brother was almost thrown out of that appointment because he didn't fill out where he got his firearm from on the used addendum because he bought it years ago in Florida and asked the civilian we were dealing with what should he put down.

The answer he got was: "Sir you must fill out that line. Do you wish to proceed or would you like to cancel this visit?"

I could go on and on.

Good luck to your brother and hopefully I will never have to require his services in NW.

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    What a joke…the first available appointment in 7/25…..I’m currently working about a mile from there….5 months from now who knows where I’ll be…probably on the other coast…do you just select concealed carry or do you need to select fingerprints also? Or they will do them in you need them with just selecting concealed carry?

Wow they've really gotten much worse. It used to be that it was an automatic 90 day wait for an appointment but now its 120 -- wtf.

The concealed carry appointment will include fingerprinting.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    When I was registering one of my guns when MPD was still the FFL, one of the Sgts in the room said if it was up to him civilians shouldn't be able to have firearms.

When my brother and I were doing our CCW appointment some retired DC cop who was getting his LEOSA stuff done made some really outlandish crack under his breath to my brother and I about civilians carrying.

My brother was almost thrown out of that appointment because he didn't fill out where he got his firearm from on the used addendum because he bought it years ago in Florida and asked the civilian we were dealing with what should he put down.

The answer he got was: "Sir you must fill out that line. Do you wish to proceed or would you like to cancel this visit?"

I could go on and on.

Good luck to your brother and hopefully I will never have to require his services in NW.
    yup yup.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    Wow they've really gotten much worse. It used to be that it was an automatic 90 day wait for an appointment but now its 120 -- wtf.

The concealed carry appointment will include fingerprinting.
    Thank you sir

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    Maybe what you should do is carry without a permit /s

500 not prosecuted!

Problem is I’m the wrong demographic, I would be nailed to the cross and they’d make presentations about how they saved the world from me. …….. me being never any police contact or on paper for anything in my life, veteran, heterosexual white male ….have an extra mag in my car? 20 to life in prison yet the ones with 2-5 warrants for violent crimes multiple prior felony convictions in possession of a weapon?…. Arrested, released on their own recognizance “pending court” that they don’t show for, or if they do it’s pled away … and they get a fine this is the typical stories I read in the Delaware news every day

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    Problem is I’m the wrong demographic, I would be nailed to the cross and they’d make presentations about how they saved the world from me. …….. me being never any police contact or on paper for anything in my life, veteran, heterosexual white male ….have an extra mag in my car? 20 to life in prison yet the ones with 2-5 warrants for violent crimes multiple prior felony convictions in possession of a weapon?…. Arrested, released on their own recognizance “pending court” that they don’t show for, or if they do it’s pled away … and they get a fine this is the typical stories I read in the Delaware news every day

the /s was for sarcasm if you didn't get that

I'm the wrong demographic too. Almost everything you said applies to me too. But you know whatever the demographic/race it seems like the authorities have no problem throwing the book at people with no record and on the other hand people with multiple felonies just get a pass.

That also reminds me: The Sgt. I referenced above told me (with glee) about how he arrested a guy for carrying without a license (not sure of the details but it wasn't a shooting or anything.)

Turns out the guy actually had been approved for a license and they told him you've been approved and it's in the mail so the guy thought he could carry (I mean that's on him but still.)

So the Sgt. arrests him and they actually charge the guy with a felony and he gets released from booking or whatever and when he gets home his permit is in the mail.

The Sgt. ends by gleefully telling me: "Now he'll never carry!"

MPD helped me out many, many years ago and I'm thankful to the officers for their help but I am no longer under the illusion that they are my friend or on my side. I will defend the police when they are under attack for ridiculous things but sad to say that's about it.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Yep 7/26 here. Another 90 days or so for approval after that. We’ll be carrying there by Halloweenish.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    Sorry I missed that… I wasn’t “angry responding” to you I apologize if it came across that way, I was just venting frustration at the upside down system in place

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    I actually looked at my training paper I was wrong. I thought I took the training last August. It was actually July 19. Therefore I’m screwed. I have to take another class just because it’s taking them 4 1/2 months or whatever to allow me to hand them a couple sheets of paper and get fingerprints New Jersey wasn’t even that bad you just walked up to the state police barracks rang the bell. They let you in no appointment necessary. Got the paperwork then later same thing brought it back without an appointment and hand it in.

pjd832

Jul 26, 2012
    well having to wait 4 plus months just to exercise a right sounds like a lawsuite .It seems to me that DC will have to be dragged kicking and screaming by the courts in order to stop the delay..
    To really drive the point home and remove the “maybe theyre just really busy” and that it’s just about Gun rights denial…when going through the screens to schedule an appointment the last one has a list of choices for appointments for fingerprints etc every one of the choices on the list i clicked showed available appointments same day or a day or 2 out

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    DC is tough… I have seen people have permits in several states and DC try to deny them until they were taken in front of a judge.. the list goes on

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    I actually looked at my training paper I was wrong. I thought I took the training last August. It was actually July 19. Therefore I’m screwed. I have to take another class just because it’s taking them 4 1/2 months or whatever to allow me to hand them a couple sheets of paper and get fingerprints New Jersey wasn’t even that bad you just walked up to the state police barracks rang the bell. They let you in no appointment necessary. Got the paperwork then later same thing brought it back without an appointment and hand it in.
    Your training is good for two years
    • Completed a firearms training course by an instructor certified by the Chief ( You may apply for an exemption based on previous training within the past 2 years)
    DC CCW Suitability Requirements

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    DC is tough… I have seen people have permits in several states and DC try to deny them until they were taken in front of a judge.. the list goes on
    I know someone who had to get a restraining order against someone making threats against them, serious threats

Their CCW app got denied because DC felt the restraining order somehow showed them (the threat recipient) to be unfit or prone to violence or something lol.

This was after Bruen too. Took almost a year to get that fixed. What a joke.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I know someone who had to get a restraining order against someone making threats against them, serious threats

Their CCW app got denied because DC felt the restraining order somehow showed them (the threat recipient) to be unfit or prone to violence or something lol.

This was after Bruen too. Took almost a year to get that fixed. What a joke.

That’s crazy considering DC was shall issue well before Bruen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom