• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I bought some of these Rage knockoffs just to try out - the one I have used so far resulted in normal complete pass thru and blades opened like I expected -so far so good---a lot cheaper than the $15/apiece Rage heads- I don't see much difference -head appears to be intact and re usable- didn't shed any blades and didn't break, don't think the deer could tell the difference. I have used many different mechanicals with my crossbow- they all seem to kill deer ok and fly well.

cool. :thumbsup:

GizUSN

Mar 29, 2013
    St Marys County
    Glad they worked. Dedicated fixed blade shooter here. Just cannot get past the mantra "Anything mechanical can and will fail". If you give fixed blades a glance, I'm partial to Magnus. Fly like field points if your bow is tuned and lifetime replacement. Bend it, break it, dull it they'll replace it. Makes that price look good.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    where did you shoot them?

Sorry. Meant to get back to this sooner. Shots were all pretty much chest shots. The one that stands out the most in my memory was a hard quartering away shot. I hit the buck just behind the last rib, angling across to the opposite front leg. The shot went perfectly(I thought) as planned with about 8" of arrow sticking out. Looked like heart shot to me but...
    Year before, I shot 8 does with Muzzies, didn't lose a deer. Year after, I shot 5-6 deer and I think I didn't recover one of them. Muzzies. I've been using Shwackers for the last couple years with good results.

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    Sorry. Meant to get back to this sooner. Shots were all pretty much chest shots. The one that stands out the most in my memory was a hard quartering away shot. I hit the buck just behind the last rib, angling across to the opposite front leg. The shot went perfectly(I thought) as planned with about 8" of arrow sticking out. Looked like heart shot to me but...
    Year before, I shot 8 does with Muzzies, didn't lose a deer. Year after, I shot 5-6 deer and I think I didn't recover one of them. Muzzies. I've been using Shwackers for the last couple years with good results.

Like someone said earlier, can't go wrong with Muzzies. I've always been a Muzzy man and always will be.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

I lost one but it was a high shoulder/back broadside shot(my fault)...missed everything vital...all the others I shot with them died quick. But anyhow I cant use expandables in Idaho(state law) so Im 100% with you on the muzzy's!

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Saw firsthand an incident where a bear was harvested with a firearm that had a wound in it's midsection. While dressing out the bear a mechanical broad head (G5) was discovered that didn't deploy the blades properly and just wounded the animal. There are good and bad options for both fixed and mechanical broad heads, just make certain either are sharp, clean and in proper working condition, the last thing any of us want is a wounded animal. Finally, practice with them since they might be of additional weight and will fly differently than field points.

This was a very common with the G5's because people didn't take the time to read the directions. They are not a broad head that can go from the box to an arrow or bolt. They must be adjusted prior to use.

I have never used them because of that. I used to be a fixed point fanatic, switched to rage for a while and ended up settling with NAP spitfire.

I don't doubt those cheap broad heads will work, although I still spend the money it's a ridiculous mark up on hunting products!

It cost so much more it must be better right???? Not!!

hard_core_emt

Mar 21, 2010
    Oakland, MD
    I just bought 6 of the knock-off Rage 2 blade broadheads off ebay .I Have taken over 10 deer and 1 bear with my genuine rage broadheads over the years and never had a failure. Now with both my boys bowhunting , it was about to get costly. i decided to try one out on a doe a few weeks ago and it performed flawlessly. Had an awesome entry wound . So for $20 for 6 vs $35 for 3 ... I will buy them again . At least til i have issues with them

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I finally got a deer this morning! I used my knock off Rage head and it worked just as well as the original Rage. Deer went about 25 yards and dropped.

[YT]mc8vqVZXn_8[/YT]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom