• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    From the owners of Preserve in Annapolis. On B&A Blvd in the Cafe Breton location.

Ganz interessant!

309444309_399184329068287_7292390959986248683_n.jpg

rondon600

Mar 16, 2009
    They didn’t post a beer menu but if you want to impress me I’m looking for lowenbrau. Not labatts version of lowenbrau. My first order will be pretzel, charcuterie and Spaten... on the patio.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Grade from a visit Friday night: B+

From a manger type, they consider the menu German/Northern French inspired.

I had the currywurst sandwich with fries and a side of red cabbage. I really liked the sandwich. True to their Preserve heritage, they're not just opening packages of sauerkraut and red cabbage. They are making it in house and it's good. Even the ketchup is nicely seasoned. The combination of the sauerkraut and the curry ketchup on the wurst was very tasty.

My wife had the G Burger, a bratwurst patty on a gluten-free roll, with fries and a salad. She liked the sandwich but found the salad dressing much too salty.

She also found the red cabbage salty, but I think that's because she makes an excellent version, cooked in cider with apples. Garten's version was rich but differently seasoned. I liked it.

I had an excellent Erdinger Dunkelweizen. She had two glasses of iced tea, for which they charge $4.50 per glass. This should change!

Reservations recommended, or if they are busy, and they are new and popular, you'll be sitting outside on the patio with heaters overhead.

Our bottom line: We would go back. It's not going to be a real common spot, like Garry's in Severna Park, but we will go back.
    And we really need to plan a visit to the Old Stein Inn.

Last edited:

Longhorse

MSI Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2021
    Thanks for the review. Looking forward to checking this place out. Old Stein Inn in Edgewater is excellent if you like German food (and beer).

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I had lunch there Saturday. I had a burger and wife had a fancy sandwich of some kind. Apatiser was pretzel roll with sour kraut and spinach dip. Sounds awful but was very good. Potato salad was excellent. Not a cheap place to eat though. I'd go back, just not too often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom