Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    20230527_154010.jpg

Tilled some weeds.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Tomatoes and peppers are getting blossoms. Potatoes and peas are huge think this will be our best year yet with those. Sweet corn is 4-6" tall probably throw a little fertilizer on it one day this week. Watermelons , squash and zucchini are growing slowly we need rain! I've been letting the sprinkler run on the garden in the evenings to help but it's just not enough.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    My potatoes are 18" tall be cause they got an early start. Nothing else will grow because the garden it too big to water. If it would just rain. Before it couldn't stop, every weekend. Now it just won't.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I thought about starting some Carolina Reaper seeds as this is about the time to start them but changed my mind, I'd rather harvest honey naked than make a mistake with those peppers! Or maybe I'll gift away them in a month or two as bell peppers ....
    I got a Carolina Reaper plant at Home Depot of all places. My brother and I are thinking of how in the heck we’ll use them. You know it’ll be rough when the Scoville Heat Units (SHUs) are hotter than pepper spray.

Pepper spray is 1,250,000 SHUs. Jalapeño Peppers come in at 2,000 to 8,000 SHUs, Ghost Peppers are 1,000,000 SHUs, and the Carolina Reaper clocks in at 2,200,000 SHUs.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I used them in hot sauce and as novelty mostly. I had so many I couldn’t use. I blended them and put around garden as pest deterrent. Made sure this year I put them in place that I wouldn’t hit with weed eater or mower THIS time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Been eating kale, spinach, lettuce last two weeks. Been great going out and just cutting before meal. We cut all spinach tonight to blanch and freeze so we can get another cutting in before heat hits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    It seems the lettuce needs to be fenced in. Planted romaine in 4 rows, two rows of radishes and then 6 rows of buttercrunch. The rabbits destroyed all the lettuce. It is still there, but nothing long enough to pick and they keep it that way.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    It seems the lettuce needs to be fenced in. Planted romaine in 4 rows, two rows of radishes and then 6 rows of buttercrunch. The rabbits destroyed all the lettuce. It is still there, but nothing long enough to pick and they keep it that way.
    Eat the rabbits, get the lettuce.

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    Got a doe with a fawn hanging around the house. She is eating everything! It was not rabbits, but her eating my lettuce and now has eaten the radish tops. The garden door was left open Monday night and she bite off two cherry tomatoes and pulled them out of the ground. Ate pickling cucumbers to the ground and lost 1/4 of them. Hoping they come back, if not, I'll be planting that side of the A frames again.

She is biting the tops off the corn in the neighbors field too. Back field has wheat or rye in it and without the late soy bean I think she is devouring everything else. I wish she'd eat all the dam bush honeysuckle. She eats some, but must not be on the top of the menu.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    My maters are hosting things I'm not liking but the plants are booming. White flies? Planning on soaping tomorrow. Too windy right now.

IMG_20230614_165025851.jpg
    IMG_20230614_165150293.jpg

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    This works well as the soap.

Not sure what Walmart, or the forum, is doing to this link (robot or human). It is for Castile soap.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    This works well as the soap.

Not sure what Walmart, or the forum, is doing to this link (robot or human). It is for Castile soap.
    I have that but will keep it for showering. I bought a bunch of Safer brand soap a few years back. Do you agree they are white flies? The dark things I have no idea.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    Food planted is jalapeño, blueberry, raspberry and sunflowers. Lavender tree and hydrangeas. Girls slacked off and missed their window to plant other vegetables.

Attachments

• 20230613_195839.jpg
      20230613_195839.jpg
      483.5 KB · Views: 34

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    The doe with the fawn is terrorizing my garden again. Jumping 4' fences when there is plenty to eat elsewhere. I got A frame fence trellises and she got tangled in them or something eating my cucumbers again. They were pulled out of the ground with their stakes and tossed around in the garden. one was bent up and two other tossed around. I am assuming she got her head in a section of open fence and got tangled and freaked. She also jumped my neighbors garden fence and ate all the beans I was growing in there.

The damn menace came down last evening while I was cultivating the corn to kill weeds and stared at me from 30 yards, unsacred like "I'll be back for that later."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom