• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • euchre98

Feb 13, 2009
    Leonardtown
    Need my garage roll up doors replaced. Looking for recommendations. Bonded insured only.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    I recently had Overhead Door in Prince Frederick recently replace a broken spring and do some maintenance work. I was pleased with them just as I have always been pleased with Overhead Door out of Beltsville for my nine commercial doors.

Scott P

Funny...like a clown
    Jan 29, 2013
    St. Mary's
    Just so you all know..............Thomas garage door repair in Mechanicsville is a cockholster. He has strung me along for a week.

Access garage door inc in White Plains MD will be here Monday to fix my springs...................

kshaw

Nov 21, 2012
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I did mine myself a couple of years ago. Hardest part is to move garage door sections into place without help. Riskiest part is to install the garage springs but there are plenty of videos on youtube on how to do this.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    If you can DIY it will save you big $$ and I replaced mine about 2months ago. I replaced 30 year old Clopay doors that did not have lift motors. I replaced them with Wayne Daltons and added Chamberlain motor with battery back up. I spent 1800 bucks just for the doors, motors and materials. It took me 1-1/2 days each which included the demo of the old doors. The doors came with insulation and built in wind bracing. I did originally ask for quotes to replace the doors and install lift motors. The chepest quote was 4600 dollars and that was for some cheap door and motors. The quote for the ones I wanted was almost 7000 dollars.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    Go to home Depot...cheaper and they probably send same company that you would be calling for quotes to install it.
    Except that Home Depot and Lowes tack on an extra 20% over what the contractor would charge you directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom