• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tacswa3

Oct 7, 2013
    I'm looking for an OWB holster for my Glock 48. I'm not to picky but everywhere I check the options suck. I can do paddle (preferably) or belt attach.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I use a Don Hume JIT slide for all my carry guns.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I'm looking for an OWB holster for my Glock 48. I'm not to picky but everywhere I check the options suck. I can do paddle (preferably) or belt attach.
    Couple of pictures of the Hellcat Pro in the Hellcat holster. I do have a few for several Glocks also.

Attachments

• E8A89A98-9BBE-4663-B44D-4A5A45AF6DDD.jpeg
      E8A89A98-9BBE-4663-B44D-4A5A45AF6DDD.jpeg
      510.1 KB · Views: 65
    • 8686DB8B-B0A0-4E83-A433-0C791E9E4F14.jpeg
      8686DB8B-B0A0-4E83-A433-0C791E9E4F14.jpeg
      473.3 KB · Views: 69
    • 54987363-6F19-4D5D-A838-31D3524DFA72.jpeg
      54987363-6F19-4D5D-A838-31D3524DFA72.jpeg
      519.6 KB · Views: 66

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Paddles suck for edc.
    I love my DeSantis mini slide. They come in thumb break or passive adjustable retention.

20221121_170900.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Paddle holsters are a solution to a specific problem , with inherent trade offs .. Frequent putting on and taking off of pistol .

It takes an excellent Paddle rig & gun combination to be as concealable ( or comfortable ) as an average belt holster .

Do your requirements involve putting on and taking off gun and holster a half dozen times every day ?

If not look into a good Pancake or trailing loop holster .

Tacswa3

Oct 7, 2013
    Paddle holsters are a solution to a specific problem , with inherent trade offs .. Frequent putting on and taking off of pistol .

It takes an excellent Paddle rig & gun combination to be as concealable ( or comfortable ) as an average belt holster .

Do your requirements involve putting on and taking off gun and holster a half dozen times every day ?

If not look into a good Pancake or trailing loop holster .
    I like the ease of putting on and taking off of a paddle. Been doing it for over 20 years. This time of year with sweatshirts and jackets, I'm not to concerned with concealment. I ordered a pancake a while back when I first got the G48 and even though it was supposed to be made for the 48 according to the manufacture, the 48 fits a little loose in it. Low and behold, stamped on the back of the holster says G19/23. The 48 is basically a slimmed down 19 anyway and shows with the loose fit. It's been some time now since the 48 has been out so hoping the choice of options have improved. Just haven't seen anything that peaks my interest when I poke around the interwebz.

I'll check out whats been recommended so far.

Tacswa3

Oct 7, 2013
    I use a Don Hume JIT slide for all my carry guns.
    I'm liking some of the options on their site, thank you for the recommendation.

Sage954

Oct 8, 2019
    this is very comfortable and hides the grip well. My favorite.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    this is very comfortable and hides the grip well. My favorite.
    He probably doesn't have 14 weeks to wait for one :)

CaptainAwesome

Jun 1, 2013
    Pikesville MD
    Is that a 2 inch belt slot though? I can't tell.
    It is a 2" belt slot, it also comes with a hinged belt attachment in the package, but that extends outward significantly - may not be so helpful if printing is a concern. That T series has a unique thumb release - very natural for my thumb position

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I'd like a leather holster "cow" not "Sage954" but why is it that the OWB Black leather just scream detective or city beat cop or black and white movie? Those are for old men with wheel guns in my opinion .. and clowns, clowns are cool :)

Funny, I'm thinking leather holsters are expensive meanwhile I ride in a $5K saddle, good leather is worth it!

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It is a 2" belt slot, it also comes with a hinged belt attachment in the package, but that extends outward significantly - may not be so helpful if printing is a concern. That T series has a unique thumb release - very natural for my thumb position
    But you're wearing it on a 1.5 inch belt?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'd like a leather holster "cow" not "Sage954" but why is it that the OWB Black leather just scream detective or city beat cop or black and white movie? Those are for old men with wheel guns in my opinion .. and clowns, clowns are cool :)

If black leather offends you , then try brown, tan . cordovan , etc . Maybe some basketweave for subtle bling .

* My fashon advice for my kids : Black leather , camo , and denim go with everything .

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If black leather offends you , then try brown, tan . cordovan , etc . Maybe some basketweave for subtle bling .

* My fashon advice for my kids : Black leather , camo , and denim go with everything .
    Basketweave? LOL He's not a 75 year old Deputy in the southwest.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    I once thought I really liked paddle holsters because of similar desires to be quick on - quick off, but I began to discover issues with the holster rocking and generally not staying exactly where I wanted it.
    I tried an OWB by Cobra Gunskins first for a G19 off of eBay, then my J frame, and later my P365. I really like that it’s still easier to put on and take off, but these holsters are comfortable, secure and stay PUT on my belt. They snap on over a belt with two stout snaps per belt loop and are a combination of a kydex outer body and a leather inner side, with a small sweat shield.
    1675349171967.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom