• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I built one of these a few years back and it's been sitting in the safe until yesterday. I took it to the range and ran a few mags through it. Even though the sights are centered and straight it wants to shoot about 4-5 inches to the left. I had no issues with my 1911, my 5906 or either of the other Glocks I took with me but unless I held right I couldn't hit where I was aiming to save my soul.

It's not like I am a bad shot. I shot an 8 target shooting tree with my 1911 at 15 yards and 8 rounds moved 8 targets..but the G43 clone is just.....bad...

Any suggestions on what could cause it? I shot 115 grn FMJs and 147 subs and the results were the same. Maybe the gun needs to be broken in? (yesterday was the first time it was fired) I didn't have this issue with any of the other clones I built...I even shot my friends nano and had decent groups...I am perplexed...

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Small guns amplify issues with grip, trigger press, anticipation, and sight alignment.

Speaking of which glocks are typically a combat hold sight picture.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I would agree with this, especially with small, short barreled pistols, grip problems are very much amplified. I have one and it shoots spot on, no issues when I have a proper grip on it.

Last edited:
    I would agree with this, especially with small, short barreled pistols, grip problems are very much amplified. I have one and it shoot spot on, no issues when I have a proper grip on it.
    Well then I just need more practice. Thanks fellas. When I was in the Navy my ship took a rogue wave to starboard and I was knocked very hard to the deck. I have very slight nerve damage in my left elbow and knee which up until recently never really caused me problems. A few years ago I developed a slight tremor in my left arm above the elbow. My elbow "pops" too, like someone cracking their knuckles. Doc said it was likely a result of the damage in my elbow from the fall and the issues are just showing up due to my age. It does affect my accuracy of my shooting. I use a tripod shooting stick when hunting with a long gun. I can no longer draw and hold my bow so I had to switch to a cross bow which is also used with the tripod. I have never had a problem shooting dominant (right) hand only but to me it doesn't feel natural so I have developed a sort of awkward grip on my pistols that works for me. Maybe that is contributing to my inability to shoot that little gun accurately..Need to take it to the range and shoot the crap out of it until I work out my technique.

I was breaking eggs at 300 yards yesterday with a Ruger Precision 6.5 CM...SO it's not as bad as the above description makes it look..

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I find, when I don't have a good firm grip on it, that I shoot left and a tad low. I did have to work on my grip with a small semi pistol to get consistent, but it solved that problem. It was more grip for me than trigger finger issues.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Seeing as how you built it yourself it could be something with the way the barrel locks up with the slide. Try borrowing a G43 slide/barrel on yours. Mix match barrels with your slide and the other.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Maybe get someone else to shoot it first, but if it works reliably and is consistent about where it is hitting, why not just bang the rear sight over a little bit :shrug:

Seeing as how you built it yourself it could be something with the way the barrel locks up with the slide. Try borrowing a G43 slide/barrel on yours. Mix match barrels with your slide and the other.
    The only thing that's not Glock is the actual frame. All of the internals are Glock factory parts. When I bought the frame from the Glock store they were actually parting out brand new pistols selling the frames away from the slides. I bought a complete slide and a Glock factory lower parts kit. The slide came with the Glock factory sites already installed.

Maybe get someone else to shoot it first, but if it works reliably and is consistent about where it is hitting, why not just bang the rear sight over a little bit :shrug:
    That is a consideration. I'm going to take it to the range and put somewhere between 500 and 1,000 rounds through it and see if I can tighten up the groups. If not I may send the slide out to JagerWerks and have it milled for a red dot.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I doubt it is anything to do with the actual build itself. I have an SS80 frame that worked fine, but I put it away in lieu of P80's version, which I like a lot better. It's a mute point now, because it does have a serial #, but not an ATF serial # and I will not register it here, so it's now out of state and I just use the G43x MOS that I purchased from a dealer (factory Glock) if I want to carry that here.

Both the SS80 frame and the P80 version worked very well for me and it's a shame I can't carry it any longer here in this not so free anymore state. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom