• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Nothing wrong with a little bit of deficit spending. It is good for the economy.

Worry about it after 12/22/2012:innocent0

But how's he going to run quiet during the event if the paperwork doesn't come back until 04/2013???

*Wait, I forgot who I was talking to for a second. ;)

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Just got word from Burris. They have replaced the fastfire 3 and It's on its way back. It is about a two week turnaround. Awesome customer service from Burris.

HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    I dont like bridge mounted RDO's on pistols. I have one on a suppressed beretta 92. The Dot is slow to pick up and it suffers from Height over bore issues. Accurate but slow

I have one on an SVI racegun as well. It takes a lot of training to acquire the dot on presentation. Slide melt is the way to go for a serious combat pistol. There is no additional training required. Just pickup the front sight and the red dot appears on the top of the front sight. It also keeps everything on a single plane. Simple is better.

I have a G19 with an RMR 02 being custom made right now. That will be my new ccw rig.
    Wow, that's a lot of hardware.

o4twinpeaks

Dec 17, 2011
    2012-10-15_19-54-24_316.jpg

2012-10-15_19-54-41_942.jpg

2012-10-15_19-55-03_101.jpg

I have been waiting on mine to show up and it was here today when I returned home from work. Only put 100 rds through it tonight. Still trying to get used to the fastfire 3. Full lone wolf 35 upper with 40 to 9 conversion barrel. Timber wolf lower

o4twinpeaks

Dec 17, 2011
    Barrel came from lone wolf 1/2 28 thread.

Ran the second hundred through it today. Removed comp and used ae 147's They seemed to cycle fine but awaiting my brownells order for my recoil springs to do some tuning. Has a 17lb spring now and I have 11 13 15 on the way. Bob at lonewolf said in his he is down to the 11. Meeting with glockfather on sunday at ontarget to do some tuning.

The ff3 went out on me today. Came back on and seemed to cycle through the modes as I was firing. I thought it died completely but as I looked into the black backstop I saw a very faint dot. Was able to see it only on black on high and medium. Removed battery and looked for something loose. Reinstalled battery and everything came back to life. Going to pick up a few new batteries and see if they are being shaken away from a contact. Might try to shim them tighter. Pissed yes! shouldn't have to deal with this 120 rds into it. Will be contacting lonewolf about the issue.

o4twinpeaks

Dec 17, 2011
    Update on ff3. Talked to lonewolf and they said call burris. Of coarse neither of them had ever heard of an issue like this before :sad20: Try google guys. I was having some tuning issues with the gun so ff3 went on hold. Got back to playing with it this week and found out that you need to tighten the battery cap down till it bottoms out. Watch the writing on the cap and make sure it doesn't start to back off as you shoot. Don't use the little screwdriver to tighten the cap. Get one that fits the slot well. It has functioned fine with out any issues for the last 400 rounds. mixture of light and +p loads. The gun seems to like the +p loads and the compensator.

Ps when I did talk to burris they said send it back and they would replace it no questions asked. Just didn't want to take off gun and change the slide weight while I was tuning it. Would have taken a few weeks to get the exchange done.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Customer Service from Burris is excellent. When my FF3 crapped out. I sent it out to Burris. No questions asked. They kept in touch by e-mail and sent a replacement in about two weeks.

My G34/FF3 is now functioning flawlessly. Even with cheap Wolf ammo. I put another 300 rounds through the rig last week. I'm waiting on MG to re-open so that I can take this out to 100 yards.

The battery cap does need to be tightened down with the right size screwdriver. Also, The internal lens will scratch if paper towels are used to clean it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom