• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Not sure if others have seen this, but OWS (Navy Arms) apparently got their hands on the entire stock of retired FR F2s. Now, they're not technically C&R, but they are pretty neat. They're asking insane prices for them though. B-Grade starts at $4k. (only 1 example at that price) and everything else significantly higher with good examples (not B-grade) starting out right around $7k.

I'm sure they'll sell them eventually, but dayum....

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    They had a few samples at the last Oakes show I went to. They're neat but overpriced IMO. That being said there is no current market so perhaps they'll sell. They've had that stock a while though so they must not be flying off shelves

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Wish I knew just what was in the Accessory Pack. At these prices you would expect them to come with optics. If I remember correctly the last time I saw an example of the proper scope it was selling for around $3k. Puts you in the $10k range with optics. Quite a financial commitment.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I'm the first to say that if you want something, you need to pony up or move along and I'm perfectly willing to overpay to get what I want. However, even I will agree that the prices on these are beyond stupid. Even with a matching scope, I wouldn't pay the asking price.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I'm the first to say that if you want something, you need to pony up or move along and I'm perfectly willing to overpay to get what I want. However, even I will agree that the prices on these are beyond stupid. Even with a matching scope, I wouldn't pay the asking price.
    Have these ever come to market? Not that I recall. With no comparison they're probably just shooting for the moon and hoping they'll sell

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Never to market. And I agree. They are gouging. I do know people who have bought them. Funny thing is, by pure dumb luck, I have one of the scopes. I'm sure I could make a killing on it but it came from Buddy Hinton with a pile of other French items he sold to me for less than value simply because he knew I'm a collector. I'd feel like I was taking advantage of Buddy if I sold it simply for money so it's not going anywhere.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    If you click on the individual rifles and read the description, they tell you what is included in the accessory pack. It isn’t a scope.
    Got it, thanks! Much like the MAS49/56 accessory kit when they hit the market all those years ago. A shame about the optics though.
    For those who have the means this probably isn't the worst deal as more than likely this will be the only import of these. In fact I'm flummoxed as to how they got past the UN all-guns-are-evil-destroy-don't-sell dictat that France followed years ago, ending the brief import of their MAS 49s. But it's nice to see them offered to US collectors rather than be destroyed, even if I'm not flush enough to add one to the herd at this time (without vintage optics I'm not interested anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mojorohrer

Latest threads

Top Bottom