• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Dang!

He has the brace on already?! That was quick!

I lucked out and found the brace in the classifieds here, 2 days after I bought the pistol. So I had it waiting in the wings. It was mounted about 20 mins after I picked up today.

Couple things of note. This is my first AK. I've had a vz2008 for a couple years so I was expecting similar recoil, especially since the ak doesn't have a brake. I couldn't have been more wrong. This thing has a smaller recoil impulse than any of my rifles. Also, with the brace, it needs a bit of trimming down (dremel). When you slide it all the way on, it inhibits the trigger from fully resetting and makes it impossible to engage the safety.
    This is by far my new favorite gun! :D

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    I lucked out and found the brace in the classifieds here, 2 days after I bought the pistol. So I had it waiting in the wings. It was mounted about 20 mins after I picked up today.

Couple things of note. This is my first AK. I've had a vz2008 for a couple years so I was expecting similar recoil, especially since the ak doesn't have a brake. I couldn't have been more wrong. This thing has a smaller recoil impulse than any of my rifles. Also, with the brace, it needs a bit of trimming down (dremel). When you slide it all the way on, it inhibits the trigger from fully resetting and makes it impossible to engage the safety.
    This is by far my new favorite gun! :D

Good to know! Thanks for the tip. :party29:

Enjoy it!

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    15d69908ec66bcf5161a96617bf1093b_zpsexuj83el.jpg

Very happy :)

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    looks like a gen 2 sub2k. Do you like it? I'm so close to buying one....

LOVE it. Can't wait to slap a suppressor on it. First I need to get some non neutered mags for it, lol.

If you find one, jump on it! They don't last long. :whoa:

Sling Blade

Unejamacated hick
    Feb 28, 2013
    Last time I went there one of the employees came out on the range with his short barreled AR that had some kinda thing called a "blast defuser" on it. It was the most obnoxious thing in the world.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Last time I went there one of the employees came out on the range with his short barreled AR that had some kinda thing called a "blast defuser" on it. It was the most obnoxious thing in the world.

Like this?
    noveske3.jpg

Polar opposite of a flash hider.

highli99

Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    LOVE it. Can't wait to slap a suppressor on it. First I need to get some non neutered mags for it, lol.

If you find one, jump on it! They don't last long. :whoa:

yea, i have been stalking them on gun broker but i'd prefer to buy from an IP. I have a glock 19 including a couple glock 18 mags which would work nicely in the right model. I know it's a keltec but they are so cool and it would give me an excuse to get a 9mm supressor

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    recent trip

My son firing his Lever gun. I got a little quiet time with the 'Long barrel' Glocks
    but was mostly there as a loader. Met Frogman too and saw his handloads.

Attachments

• lever gun.jpg
      lever gun.jpg
      48.2 KB · Views: 301

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    karaolis

Latest threads