Sunday 9am to 3pm

Admission is $8.00 for anyone 12 and up

Parking is Free

https://www.thegunshows.com/show-sites/frederick-fairgrounds/

Frederick-Fairgrounds-Coupon.jpg

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    I haven’t been to a show in a long time. I know this is forward thinking…Anyone think there may be a good selection of Henry reasonably close to msrp? Looking for a model x 44 in particular.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Gonna be heading up later today to set up, stop by and see us this weekend. We've lowered our prices on our Glock inventory and some of our ammo too!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Swing by the MSI booth and say hello :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Just got back from the show...not well attended by either vendors or customers. The weather and Covid may have something to do with that. I found some 7.62x39 Winchester brass cased ammo a buddy is looking for...shout out to Brian at SCSG for that and for such a reasonable price. Also found some zippered gun cases I wanted for our upcoming move to prepare handguns for travel...the seller gave me a deal for quantity purchase.

Outside of those few things...didn't see anything in particular to make me open my wallet. Some high prices but that seems to be the norm.

benton0311

Feb 26, 2011
    I’m at the show right now and, quite frankly, it’s a total waste of time. Not a huge turnout for guns although better than some in years past, or at least fewer tasers and jerky tables. The kicker is that everything has the 25% gun show markup so you can buy anything here at any local gun shop for a lot less. Even my 8-year-old thought it sucked.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Ughh, here we go again... I will be the first to say that MD shows are nothing what they used to be, or pale in comparison to a PA show. However all the negative comments that deter people from coming to the shows hurts us all, how you ask?..

When the attendance gets to small, the promotor may cancel the venue. If anyone thinks a different promotor will do better, god bless ya.
    As the attendance wains so do sales for the vendors, at a certain point vendors stop coming. This is partially indicative of the low vendor turnout now.
    As a vendor, if my sales don't justify it, i wont do that show anymore. Indicative on why I stopped doing a few of the shows.
    As MD tries to or passes more draconian gun laws, more out of state dealers will be less likely to deal with MD residents.
    Choice is yours, come out to the show and and support OUR Maryland gun shows to help keep them around. Drop a couple dollars in the MSI donation can, I do every show.
    If we dont all work together we wont have anything to work on...

Brian

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Ughh, here we go again... I will be the first to say that MD shows are nothing what they used to be, or pale in comparison to a PA show. However all the negative comments that deter people from coming to the shows hurts us all, how you ask?..

When the attendance gets to small, the promotor may cancel the venue. If anyone thinks a different promotor will do better, god bless ya.
    As the attendance wains so do sales for the vendors, at a certain point vendors stop coming. This is partially indicative of the low vendor turnout now.
    As a vendor, if my sales don't justify it, i wont do that show anymore. Indicative on why I stopped doing a few of the shows.
    As MD tries to or passes more draconian gun laws, more out of state dealers will be less likely to deal with MD residents.
    Choice is yours, come out to the show and and support OUR Maryland gun shows to help keep them around. Drop a couple dollars in the MSI donation can, I do every show.

Brian

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Roksfr

Ardent Safety Training
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 14, 2020
    Southern AA
    Previous points about not attending are valid, however when vendors have inventory and decide to charge prices that are higher than available at LGS aren't the vendors nailing their own coffins closed? We all understand supply and demand but if a local gun shop has supply, gun show vendors cannot expect consumers to support their greed.
    Just a thought.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD

Brian

I try to attend as many shows as I can in Maryland, especially the one in Frederick, for the exact reason you stated. Once they are gone, they won’t be coming back. Yes, the shows aren’t all that great anymore, but it’s better than not having one at all. Most likely I’ll be out tomorrow morning to the show!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom