• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    I collect Glock C models, seeing them outside of Gunbroker is highly unlikely.

Yeah, Gunbroker is the only place I have seen them. And they tend to be a little steep!!

Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore has Gen3 G19C NIB for $629 right now but I am looking for a 17C

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Went today . It wasn’t to hateful I guess more of the same something to do. Found couple parts I wanted . One vendor was ridiculous high with their prices . Don’t feel things will ever get back to pre pandemic but there was some for these days average prices . The gougers really stuck out. Took my daughter and she really noticed the difference between some of the tables. Anyway something to do , got out of house .

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Went today . It wasn’t to hateful I guess more of the same something to do. Found couple parts I wanted . One vendor was ridiculous high with their prices . Don’t feel things will ever get back to pre pandemic but there was some for these days average prices . The gougers really stuck out. Took my daughter and she really noticed the difference between some of the tables. Anyway something to do , got out of house .

This is the attitude to have...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Wal Mart Bandit Cartel was consistent in their pricing : $42 for 100 pack shotshell , Win & Fed , 12ga & 20ga , #7.5 & #8 . Fed Auto Match. .22lr 325 rd $33 . Didn't pay attention to 525 pack Golden Bullet as it was substantially similar to the CPR for the superior Auto Match .

The flip side , is that the 50 % markup over the artificial Wal Mart price is a decent deal compared to LGS who have to pay market rate wholesale .

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD

This is the attitude to have...

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Personally I think there's too many shows to compete with, especially for Frederick. An hour west and you're in Gettysburg, an hour south and you're in Chantilly. Both of those places have shows regularly, plus all the other ones (Howard, York, Timonium, etc etc). There's just not enough reasons for vendors OR customers to show up to all of them (plus it's a major time suck), so they pick which ones will be the best for them, and frankly the MD shows rarely come up tops in that category. Seems to me that if there were less shows, it would garner more interest in all of them. That would come at a cost to the promotors though, so that's not gonna happen.

EDIT: Just looked at the link in the OP:

Upcoming events
    Timonium Fairgrounds – Jan 8-9
    Leesport Farmers Market Jan 15-16
    Frederick Fairgrounds – Jan 22-23
    Howard County Fairgrounds – Feb 5 & 6

That's 3 shows in 4 weeks, all within about 30 minutes of each other (leaving out the Leesport PA show). That's a big commitment for anyone. There are 4 shows in Frederick this year. And that doesn't even take in to account all of the other promotors...that's just this one!

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I think it's a combination of elements: Covid, supply chain issues, inflation, BS laws. Also, like newspapers, it's a generational thing. Some of us that have been around for awhile and remember "the good old days" of gun shows will bitch and moan, but will probably still go. The younger generation has an idea what they want and they go online to buy it. The allure of a gun show (at least for me) is to find the elusive treasure that I didn't even know I wanted. I kick myself when I think about all the unique "finds" that I've seen over the years at gun shows that I didn't buy. It's no so much anymore about finding a killer deal but getting a chance to check out the items in person. I enjoy looking at guns and speaking with like minded people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom