Woodbine MD
    Show at the Frederick fairgrounds this weekend
    April 2nd and 3rd
    Saturday 9am-4pm
    Sunday 9am-3pm

WhoMe

BANNED!!!
    Aug 10, 2017
    I'll probably hit it up. Looking for vintage S&W revolvers, anything in .22 and a cheap 12g pump or semi. I've got a little stash of cash burning a hole in my pocket.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Just got home from the show...a waste of time for me. It may not be for anyone else...all it takes is to find something you're looking for and it's a good show. There was plenty of parking available...it isn't at all crowded and was lacking in vendors I would usually see at the show.

Outside of Brian at SCSG pretty much all vendors are holding to high prices with no hint of willingness to negotiate. One vendor had a set of grips in which I was interested...I offered $5 less and he refused saying "But it's Colt!" That was obvious as it had a Colt medallion on it plus his tag said so...but that doesn't mean it's made of gold. An ammunition vendor had some .44-40 and .454 I was interested in...no go on a package deal...the price is the price. A vendor in the second building had a box of .44-40 and wanted $100 for it...I put it down quick.

I get they can ask whatever they want for the product...I believe in capitalism...but I'm not obligated to bail them out if they're buried in the product cost-wise. The $100 box of .44-40 was not new production...it was in a box Winchester hasn't used in many years. If you want to keep it rather than sell it...leave it at home.

I hope others have better luck than I did.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Inflation is hitting hard everywhere, compounded with ammo likely due to production focus on common calibers which are rising also.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Got what I wanted at York last week, otherwise I would be at the Oaks show.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I went to the Frederick show today. Said hello to Brian at SCSG. I bought a range bag and some soft sided cases to take my rifles to the range.

But the most important thing I did at the show was to join MSI as a sustaining member. I've always admired the work that they do and it was time to pay up.

Cal68

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    But the most important thing I did at the show was to join MSI as a sustaining member. I've always admired the work that they do and it was time to pay up.

Cal68

Well done! They truly are the only organization that hasn’t given up on our state and can be very helpful to members as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom