• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I have not seen or know of any laws that prohibit concealed carry at fairgrounds.
    I would carry there.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    My family and I volunteer a lot of our time to the fair. The only sign that I have seen is a “firearms prohibited” sign at the beer garden. as far as I know everywhere else on the fairgrounds you should be good to go

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    Have to say, I'm a bit surprised. The last couple years I've been to the Delaware State Fair and The Mississippi Valley Fair in Iowa (statewide permitless carry), and both prohibited weapons of any kind and had wands/metal detectors/bag searches. However, this is the policy at Frederick:

The following items are prohibited:

• Weapons, or objects that appear to be weapons (with the exception of those permitted by the state of MD via licensed)

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Have to say, I'm a bit surprised. The last couple years I've been to the Delaware State Fair and The Mississippi Valley Fair in Iowa (statewide permitless carry), and both prohibited weapons of any kind and had wands/metal detectors/bag searches. However, this is the policy at Frederick:

The following items are prohibited:

• Weapons, or objects that appear to be weapons (with the exception of those permitted by the state of MD via licensed)
    Thank for update. I didn't know. Glad I asked. No carry today.

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    Thank for update. I didn't know. Glad I asked. No carry today.
    I read that policy to say that firearms are allowed if you have a license. However I'm also not sure that they just didn't screw up and meant it to say "licensed security" or something. Good luck!

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The county fair has two practical reasons for existing...for the kids to get a day off school and go have fun...and for the oldsters to see who they know is still living and breathing since the fair last year.

Outside of those I see no reason for going.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    The county fair has two practical reasons for existing...for the kids to get a day off school and go have fun...and for the oldsters to see who they know is still living and breathing since the fair last year.

That's not wrong at all. I lived in Frederick for nine years never had any opinion of the fair other than it was best to avoid the area around the fairgrounds around this time every year due to the traffic.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

*****Whaddabout smoked turkey legs and funnel cakes with the powdered sugar and fruits on da top!!! :shocked4: ????

Micktaco

May 2, 2009
    Walkersville
    Went last Saturday and definitely had a double take at the sign, didn't expect the "licensed" part. Wondering if they haven't realized that it's actually possible for everyday law abiding citizens be the licensed now. Noticed several gatherings of armed security and police as well. Wasn't carrying, as I didn't think I'd need to be on a Saturday morning/early afternoon.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    *****Whaddabout smoked turkey legs and funnel cakes with the powdered sugar and fruits on da top!!! :shocked4: ????

Yeah... Good stuff. The Best is Hemp's BBQ Beef Sandwisch's platter!! Tops alot of things. And Taking my 9 year old
    granddaughter on rides and playing some of the games, make grandma and I feel like kids. Not much better than that
    friends.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I took the kids Tuesday night for the demo derby. Of course did the obligatory waste of $90 before hand so they could ride the rides.

I carried the whole time. Never once considered not carrying. Though I’ve been carrying for 15+ years. Some of you seem too sensitive, looking for explicit permission to carry in every place you can imagine. Some sort of welcoming party. And when you don’t see it your gonads immediately shrivel and you do things like store your firearm in your engine compartment… madness…

Anyways, I got a good chuckle out of observing the firearms, holsters, and belts of the large amount of private security working the fair. I saw some pretty cringe setups.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    The WVA Mountain Heratige Festible usually has a sign posted no guns we go every year for the past 20+ years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom