• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I am having a few issues with the "new" forum software.

1) At times, even though I have hit the checkbox to stay logged in, I am logged out. Sometimes this happens every time I access, other times it goes a while

2) Threads are not saving where I was in them. Threads I have read open on the first post again. Even threads that I have posted in several times open on Post #1.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Nope and nope. Normal mode.

And cookies keeping logins is working for multiple other forums.

Just MD Shooters. And only since the software change.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    Nope and nope. Normal mode.

And cookies keeping logins is working for multiple other forums.

Just MD Shooters. And only since the software change.
    I will check some things, unfortunately, you are the only one reporting an issue. Makes it harder to diagnose an issue.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I stay logged in the MDS on my laptop but I need to sign in everytime on my work laptop. And this started happening right after I got the message saying I needed to change my password last week.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'd like to have retained the ability to easily deal with typeface and formatting issues withi a post.

I've been dissatisfied with the inability to turn on and off bolding, italicising, tpeface and color with anything like the ease and accuracy of the old format. Absence of a preview makes it absurdly tough to see what one is trying to post before actually posting it. After posting, the difficulties remain.

If there's some sort of workaround for this, I'd really like to know about it.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I'd like to have retained the ability to easily deal with typeface and formatting issues withi a post.

I've been dissatisfied with the inability to turn on and off bolding, italicising, tpeface and color with anything like the ease and accuracy of the old format. Absence of a preview makes it absurdly tough to see what one is trying to post before actually posting it. After posting, the difficulties remain.

If there's some sort of workaround for this, I'd really like to know about it.

Strange... I find adding and removing bold, italics, and other formatting much easier than before. The old software would often deselect my text whenever I tried to choose something from the formatting menu. It would take 4-5 times to get it done. Now it works right the first time, every time.

Also, there is a preview mode, you enable and disable it by tapping the icon at the top right of your new post, the one that looks like a sheet of paper under a magnifying glass.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Strange... I find adding and removing bold, italics, and other formatting much easier than before. The old software would often deselect my text whenever I tried to choose something from the formatting menu. It would take 4-5 times to get it done. Now it works right the first time, every time.

Also, there is a preview mode, you enable and disable it by tapping the icon at the top right of your new post, the one that looks like a sheet of paper under a magnifying glass.
    Thanks for the tip about the preview; it should help a lot. I'll give it a shot.

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    I wonder if there is a setting, per user, that would allow viewing more than say 20 posts per page in a topic. Also, could apply to the forum view as well.

Several generations of software ago, I could append a &pp=100 to the url line and lite up 100 posts per page.

Does not seem to work recently (even before the software change), but I found it handy to be able to buzz thru the topics that interested me first, then maybe visit a few of the others.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Having to log in EVERY time I access the forum.

And just now, this thread took me to the first post, even though I have posted several times.

This is getting very annoying.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Having to log in EVERY time I access the forum.

And just now, this thread took me to the first post, even though I have posted several times.

This is getting very annoying.
    This is happening to me now too.

Something changed, and it wasn't my browser settings. I logged in once when the new software came around and didn't have to log in again until a few days ago. Now I'm having to log in several times per day. It keeps saying the 'authorized user' has changed, as if I have two different accounts.

EddieB

Apr 1, 2009
    Frederick Co.
    I'm experiencing the log on issues as well. I have to log-on each time even when I check the stay logged on. Same on my work computer. No problems on other forums, so far.

stricer555

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Jessup
    I'm having an issue with the navigation bar links, like the Home > Forum > General > Comments and Suggestions headers of this thread. It seems only the very bottom pixel of the label can be clicked on and its more difficult that usual, I haven't seen any other links affected by this.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I'm having an issue with the navigation bar links, like the Home > Forum > General > Comments and Suggestions headers of this thread. It seems only the very bottom pixel of the label can be clicked on and its more difficult that usual, I haven't seen any other links affected by this.

I reported it here.
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but now when you try to click the forum words (Home > Forums > General, or any other link in that area) up top they no longer point to the forum link. You have to move your pointer below the words and wait for the "underline" to appear under the word (sub forum) and click that. The same index/shortcut down the bottom (above the footer) functions normally. I'm using the latest version of Chrome, and confirmed on multiple PC's.

View attachment 379103

Anyone else seeing this?

To add to this, it seems to affect other links as well, such as threads listed in sub forums and links in threads themselves.

It seems that the header may be causing the issue. If you scroll the links to certain positions towards the top, what is hyperlinked changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom