Former Prince George’s officer convicted of selling seized guns sentenced to 7 years

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Wow. He gets to retire from the police department with benefits after all that.

The reason SB281 will not work is not because criminals will be able to get guns via means like that, but because those with power, law enforcement officers, are not ALL of the highest degree in character.

FireEngineer

Feb 11, 2012
    If he is only 38, according to the article, he couldn't have had THAT much time on the job or he got hired at 18 and that time counted for retirement. Absolutely disgraceful, especially considering that the tax payers of PG county now have to pay his pension. I hope that the victims who were attacked by the those who illegally received the guns sue the man and the PGPD for everything they have.

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Remember folks, this is the kind of crap that most marylandistan politicians think of whenever they hear "law abiding citizen". 99.999999% (estimated) of the 'gun owners' they see are criminals already...and represent .0001% of the actual gun owning population.

MD gun task force, my ass.

TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    I lived a few houses down from Juan Carter in Bowie for a brief time. This guy broke every City Code that you can imagine. Junk cars on the street with flat tires, tall grass, etc.

I'm glad that justice was served.

Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    What's more crazy is selling of illegal guns is probation - 2 years! WTF! Increase the punishment for illegal selling of guns for anybody and for a cop, he should forfeit all pensions and be remanded for life.

Justice was NOT served.

^^ +1.

Unless I'm reading wrong,he was only charged with misconduct and theft.What about "straw" purchase,posession of illegal/stolen firearms,etc.?Maybe those terms aren't correct but I think everyone knows what I mean.It also would seem to me the Feds should have been involved somewhere.:shrug:

Pilot7576

Aug 13, 2009
    how on God's green earth does this dirtbag get to keep his retirement benefits after soiling the uniform like that?

Pilot7576

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    how on God's green earth does this dirtbag get to keep his retirement benefits after soiling the uniform like that?

Pilot7576

If you listen to the audio of the phone call to his girlfriend from jail he doesn't seem to be to upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom