• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • raider80

Nov 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I moved to Mt. Airy about two years ago and finally have the time now to shoot a little more now. So My question is how would one go about securing a sponsor to join? How would I get a tour of the facilities?

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    All the info is in the link below.

See Joe Gick at the membership meeting; if you do not have a sponsor he can work it out or you.

They are going to limit memberships, so you better get a move on.

http://www.damascusiwla.org/

BDurk

Sep 21, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Just to avoid confusion....there are 2 -IWLAs near Mt. Airy....the one linked to is in Damascus the other is North of the town area of Mt Airy.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Which location do people tend to prefer? Is there anything about either location that would make for a "better" shooting experience than the other?

**** I belong to IWLA Damascus and have nothing but good things to say. It is clean, neat, and the pistol/rifle ranges are top notch. It is a very active chapter and as others have said it either has or is approaching its membership limit so whatever you decide, decide quickly.

I am not sure about the other chapters but ours has classes that once taken, make the member an RSO which allows them to shoot at normal range hours regardless of whether other members or safety officers are present. This is a big advantage to me as I have the opportunity to shoot during hours when most folks are working so I get plenty of range time, etc..

You should just drop by and check both places out if they are close to you. They are both nice chapters.

raider80

Nov 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I suppose IWLA north of town I live in ear shot of there it is damn fustrating actually knowing how much fun I could be having.

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    The was a member at The MT. Airy IWLA. Turned out I didn't have as much time as I thought I did to shoot there. It is a great place and they have a 300yrd rifle range (IIRC), They do rewuire you to do alot of work hours to get the discounted rate, but if you have the time and shoot alot, it is worth it.

Jan 14, 2008
    I have belonged to the Damascus IWLA for about 6 years now, I have never had any issues there. Friendly folks, nice range, and haven't been there when it was full once. The only drawback is the rifle range only goes to 100 yards. They have a lot of activities, not sure about 3gun, but along with shooting activities they have beekeeping classes, ironwork classes, and a lot of other things. I haven't been to the Mt Airy range so I cant comment on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom