• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The mount allows you to grip your rifle without your hand interfering with the laser/IR or even white light. Depending on your system.
    They sell out immediately at $549 bucks.

hydra.jpg
    hydra2.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My DBAL is way up on the rail. I have an AIMPOINT PRO on my go-to rifle, I’d have to get an M4 Comp or something

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    looks like you could go magnified up high, close in down low, and then go off sets to left or right and you then will have a 3 sight gun. hard to tell if the holes in the mount line up. :lol2:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    looks like you could go magnified up high, close in down low, and then go off sets to left or right and you then will have a 3 sight gun. hard to tell if the holes in the mount line up. :lol2:
    Just weight savings. Jacking the optic up that high allows for heads-up shooting and using the optic with nods. It's purely built for speed in cqb type scenarios and use with nods.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Just weight savings. Jacking the optic up that high allows for heads-up shooting and using the optic with nods. It's purely built for speed in cqb type scenarios and use with nods.
    They are also selling 3 sizes of cheek risers that attach to the top of a certain Magpul buttstock.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    They are also selling 3 sizes of cheek risers that attach to the top of a certain Magpul buttstock.
    Cool. I would imagine height over bore offset would be a pretty huge training area when using these. I really like them tossing those recoil lugs on the underside of this. They did a lot of good thinking to design this thing.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Cool. I would imagine height over bore offset would be a pretty huge training area when using these. I really like them tossing those recoil lugs on the underside of this. They did a lot of good thinking to design this thing.
    Well, cqb distance/hostage shot is a small learning curve. Measure sight height over bore. Say it's 3 inches. Hostage taker head shot, red dot at his nose, you're going to canoe your hostage. Just need to aim for the top of his head.
    You know, it's the classic.... guy shooting a hole in the bed of his truck with his scoped rifle. LOL

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    This product is of no real use to me, so the price seems comical. But it was not really intended for me, so I doubt GBRS group cares what I think.

I think this mount makes a lot of sense for PDWs/SMGs that will be used with NVGs but have very limited rail space . I know the people they made this for, and they are very happy with it. My org has some for testing, will be curious to see what folks think of it.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    The mounts just keep getting taller and taller. I'm over it.

I've found a 1.93 mount is the best height for me, at least for SBR's.

Anything taller really only makes sense if you are invested in NV/IR

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom