Florida Head/Party Boats (South Florida or Tampa)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Feb 20, 2019
    I will be in Florida for a week in mid-April. I want to take my kids fishing, although I have no idea what is in season. I’m looking for recommendations for head/party boats anywhere between West Palm and Fort Lauderdale or around Tampa. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    Fishing in Florida pretty much any time of year can be great. What kind of fishing do you have in mind? Saltwater (inshore/offshore) or fresh? How many kids? Age range? I'm on the west coast but familiar with some freshwater options out that way. Pretty sure saltwater is similar either coast. Should be no problem renting a boat as most of the snowbirds will have left by then. If freshwater, and largemouth bass in particular, you're not far from Lake Okeechobee or the Everglades. Probably best to hire a guide for Lake O if choosing that route (they supply everything). Runs about $400 or so. The everglades are a good DIY option for bass. There's a couple of places that rent jon boats near I-75 and Rt 27. If going the saltwater/inshore route, the boat rental marinas always give you a map and generally are quite helpful showing you spots to fish. Let us know some more deets and I'll weigh in again.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    good luck! not helping you, but years ago i went out of key west on an overnite multi day trip on a party boat to the dry tortugas. while everyone was bottom fishing i spooled out a live fish on top and within 5 minutes my reel was screaming!! nice big king mack. if i had participated in the biggest fish pool i woulda won it but catching that was reward enough.

also years back i fished on some of the piers around ft laud. they catch some big stuff off those piers!

Benny

Feb 20, 2019
    Fishing in Florida pretty much any time of year can be great. What kind of fishing do you have in mind? Saltwater (inshore/offshore) or fresh? How many kids? Age range? I'm on the west coast but familiar with some freshwater options out that way. Pretty sure saltwater is similar either coast. Should be no problem renting a boat as most of the snowbirds will have left by then. If freshwater, and largemouth bass in particular, you're not far from Lake Okeechobee or the Everglades. Probably best to hire a guide for Lake O if choosing that route (they supply everything). Runs about $400 or so. The everglades are a good DIY option for bass. There's a couple of places that rent jon boats near I-75 and Rt 27. If going the saltwater/inshore route, the boat rental marinas always give you a map and generally are quite helpful showing you spots to fish. Let us know some more deets and I'll weigh in again.

Hi,

I’m thinking saltwater. Either inshore or offshore and the trip should be between 4 and 8 hours. My two daughters are 11 and possibly my wife and 14 year-old nephew will come as well. I took my daughters flounder fishing last summer up in Massachusetts and they enjoyed it, so I’m looking for a similar experience, while we are visiting family in Florida. We will be in the West Palm/Fort Lauderdale area for part of the time and probably in Tampa for a few days. The piers are good but I think getting on a boat imakes it more fun for them. Thank you for any tips you may have. Ben

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    Boyton Beach Inlet in Palm Beach County or
    Lighthouse point/Pompano Beach further south above Ft Lauderdale in Broward county.

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    Hi,

I’m thinking saltwater. Either inshore or offshore and the trip should be between 4 and 8 hours. My two daughters are 11 and possibly my wife and 14 year-old nephew will come as well. I took my daughters flounder fishing last summer up in Massachusetts and they enjoyed it, so I’m looking for a similar experience, while we are visiting family in Florida. We will be in the West Palm/Fort Lauderdale area for part of the time and probably in Tampa for a few days. The piers are good but I think getting on a boat imakes it more fun for them. Thank you for any tips you may have. Ben

I do mostly inshore which to my way of thinking would be a better choice for you and the family if captaining your own rental. I'm not familiar with that area for saltwater so can't offer any specific locations. If looking to do a charter, then it's probably pretty wide open. Others have suggested specific marinas, give 'em a call and see what's available. Also, we've had some luck finding charters on tripadvisor for target areas.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I thought the OP was looking for a Head Boat , not doing his own rental for DIY ?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i'd just hit a marina near where you're staying in the afternoon when the boats come in and see who is getting all the action and sign up for them.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    My trusted local contact in Jupiter FL suggests you call Black Dog at 561.744.5700. "I would recommend Black Dog. That's perfect for that age group. They're right out of square grouper. They always catch fish and it's always a good time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom