• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    They're gone.

I have three (3) two (2) fingerprint cards NO cards for the FL non-resident CCW application to give away. Didn't know how many I'd need, so I ordered four and ended up only needing one.

The entire application can be done online, but fingerprints must be *ink on one of their cards by a law enforcement agency* for a non-resident. I had my ink prints done at UMBC PD. Easy in/out, $30 and very nice to deal with.

One per person, free to those who are applying for FL. First come, first serve. Pick up at my office in Millersville 21108, or arrange to meet me at BassPro.

Last edited:

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    I have three (3) fingerprint cards for the FL non-resident CCW application to give away. Didn't know how many I'd need, so I ordered four and ended up only needing one.

The entire application can be done online, but fingerprints must be *ink on one of their cards by a law enforcement agency* for a non-resident. I had my ink prints done at UMBC PD. Easy in/out, $30 and very nice to deal with.

One per person, free to those who are applying for FL. First come, first serve. Pick up at my office in Millersville 21108, or arrange to meet me at BassPro.
    FYSA: When I inquired, Florida's customer service person said it was okay to have my fingerprints done at the MVA.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    FYSA: When I inquired, Florida's customer service person said it was okay to have my fingerprints done at the MVA.
    Did you submit an MVA card and did you receive the permit?

Per the FLA website:

FINGERPRINT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS You must submit a complete and legible set of fingerprints on the FINGERPRINT CARD enclosed or by ELECTRONIC SCAN (see next page for information). If you use the enclosed card, your fingerprints must be taken at a LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind

Per the FLA website:

FINGERPRINT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS You must submit a complete and legible set of fingerprints on the FINGERPRINT CARD enclosed or by ELECTRONIC SCAN (see next page for information). If you use the enclosed card, your fingerprints must be taken at a LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.
    Yup, that's what I was going by too.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    If anyone is interested St.Mary's Sheriff's Dept. does ink fingerprints by appointment as does Charles County branch at St.Charles Mall by appointment also.

BmorePA

Jul 6, 2022
    Baltimore
    If I wanted to complete the application online, can I scan the fingerprint card I obtained from a MD LE agency, or can fingerprint cards only be mailed?

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    If I wanted to complete the application online, can I scan the fingerprint card I obtained from a MD LE agency, or can fingerprint cards only be mailed?

They can only be mailed from out of state. In-state applicants can use FL's LiveScan, but FL will not accept LiveScans, cards or copies from out of state.

Florida will send you free fingerprint cards upon request. Might be a good idea to request the one needed and one spare. They are pretty prompt and I had mine in less than a week.

They require an ink print on their card, stamped on the back by a law enforcement agency, mailed in. They must have their original card back with your prints, your info and an LEA's stamp.

I am out of FL cards now, or I would offer you one. Otherwise, the entire process can be done online.

Online application link:
    https://laso.freshfromflorida.com/

Fingerprint instructions (scroll down to 'out of state'):
    https://laso.freshfromflorida.com/documentTemplates/LASO_FP_Instructions.pdf

Request fingerprint cards:
    https://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/forms/FormsRequest790.aspx

Middleman

Sep 25, 2020

Per the FLA website:

That’s funny I got mine at Freestate and got my FLA card this week.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    That’s funny I got mine at Freestate and got my FLA card this week.
    Good for you. That is 'funny' indeed, since the published instructions clearly state "by an LEA" and even some folks that had their cards done at UMBC PD were refused because FL didn't recognise UMBC PD (since resolved).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom