FL relative wants to donate a few MD allowed pistols. What is best way to acquire the toys?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    One obvious method is to have them shipped FFL to a MD FFL. This would include the shipping costs by the first FFL and the transfer fee + MD $10 fee/gun locally. These are standard revolvers/semi types. Nothing overly valuable.
    Is there another more economical option?
    Register through MSP? Have him ship direct to my house? Drive them back to MD?
    Looking for suggestions.....

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I will driving some .22 bolt rifles and shotgun up from NC to MD in 2024; our plan is to meet at a pre-designated FFL (with whom we’ll have an appt) and do the transfer from me (NC resident) to them / that relative (MD resident)

If driving the guns up to MD myself was not an option then yes, shipping them to that MD located FFL would be my next alternative

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Are any 50 years old or older?

If so, get an 03 FFL ( C&R license).

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    One obvious method is to have them shipped FFL to a MD FFL. This would include the shipping costs by the first FFL and the transfer fee + MD $10 fee/gun locally. These are standard revolvers/semi types. Nothing overly valuable.
    Is there another more economical option?
    Register through MSP? Have him ship direct to my house? Drive them back to MD?
    Looking for suggestions.....

Md. Code Regs. 29.03.01.09​

Current through Register Vol. 50, No. 25, December 15, 2023

Section 29.03.01.09 - Gifts

A.
    A person does not participate in a straw purchase in violation of Regulation .08 of this chapter when purchasing a regulated firearm as a gift if:
    (1)
    The recipient of the gift is a resident of the State;
    (2)
    The recipient of the gift is not prohibited from purchasing or possessing a regulated firearm by State or federal law; and
    (3) Except to the extent provided in §§B and C of this regulation, both the purchaser and the recipient of the gift shall comply with the provisions of this chapter and Public Safety Article, Title 5, Subtitle 1, Annotated Code of Maryland, pertaining to the possession, sale, rental, transfer, purchase, or receipt of a regulated firearm.
    B. If a gift of a regulated firearm is in the form of a gift certificate, then only the recipient of the gift must comply with the requirements of this chapter and Public Safety Article, Title 5, Subtitle 1, Annotated Code of Maryland, pertaining to the possession, sale, rental, transfer, purchase, or receipt of a regulated firearm.
    C. If a gift of a regulated firearm is to the person's spouse, parent, grandparent, grandchild, brother, sister, son, or daughter:
    (1)
    The recipient shall complete an application to purchase or transfer a regulated firearm;
    (2)
    The recipient shall submit the application to the Secretary within 5 days after receipt of the regulated firearm; and
    (3)
    The Secretary shall waive the regulated firearm application fee of $10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom