• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    If this threat is real, rather than theoretical, then surely you will be able to point to the numerous such incidents in open-carry states.

First the issue is not open carry,or open carry states, its states with no ccw option. I am not claiming open carry should not be legal.

I am claiming that good tactical judgement should decide the issue .

I am suggesting that if the court blesses only open carry,and allows a ban on cc. Then Md and other states will ban cc thinking that we would be fools to open carry. They may be right, given that we have most need to carry in areas of high crime and high gang activity in particular. And we must call their bluff.

I am not kiding.

The fools in Annapolis think fingerprints will deter no existent straw purchases, but if so where does a gang banger go to get guns?

That's right us.

So why do police have radios? Why do they check in periodically?

Why do they have long guns as well? Why do they respond in force when called in ?

We all know why.

Tactical surprise is a very valuable asset. It can make all the difference.

Do not give it up without a plan to compensate.
    I gave one such plan above...

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Concealed carry is a force multiplier but there is simply no epidemic of disarming citizens who openly carry their arms. Most of the time, guess what, nothing happens.

Is open carry ideal from a tactical standpoint? Probably not, but it isn't as you say that, you will be killed for your gun, no more than you will be attacked for your wallet. Motivated individuals will attempt something no matter what. Seeing a gun on a citizens hip, chances are they will find an easier target, not work harder and possibly get shot.

Besides, quality retention holsters and getting some retention training, if this is what the court decides, is what should be the end user's mitigation.

Last edited:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Concealed carry is a force multiplier but there is simply no epidemic of disarming citizens who openly carry their arms. Most of the time, guess what, nothing happens.

Is open carry ideal from a tactical standpoint? Probably not, but it isn't as you say that, you will be killed for your gun, no more than you will be attacked for your wallet. Motivated individuals will attempt something no matter what. Seeing a gun on a citizens hip, chances are they will find an easier target, not work harder and possibly get shot.

Besides, quality retention holsters and getting some retention training, if this is what the court decides, is what should be the end user's mitigation.

Baltimore beatings
    Gang initiations

This is what we will deal with here in MD.

Or not, But I will not be finding out, I will be cc ing in my new home state.

http://www.policeone.com/close-quar...Own-Guns-Likely-Will-Not-Change-R-I-Policies/

"There are no national statistics on how many times officers' guns are taken away. But the FBI says that of the 616 law enforcement officers killed on duty by criminals from 1994 through 2003, 52 were killed with their own weapon, amounting to 8 percent."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom