• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Keeping with the spirit of "loading for all my center fire guns", the CZ-50 I got recently needs food from my reloading bench. I had a handful of range cases I've picked up over time along with some empty Fiocci cases from last weeks range trip. Best I could do for bullets was the 93 gr .311 CB's I cast for my 7.62x25 loads. I built a few rounds with a light charge of Unique and test fired them out back. The pistol cycled well and seemed to liked them a lot - so I made more.

I can say trying to meter tiny powder charges is a LOT different than most of the reloads I've ever done. Compared to even .380 these things are just...well...dainty...

They ain't the most bootiful reloads I've ever built, but I already know the recipe I used will go bang at the range. Finding the cases? Well, that's what Hooligan friends do well. :innocent0

I'm curious. Who else is loading this very small round and what have your experiences been?

Attachments

• 32 Auto First Loads DSC00131.jpg
      32 Auto First Loads DSC00131.jpg
      62 KB · Views: 186

MifflinKid

Dec 30, 2010
    Howard County
    They are fun to shoot, relatively cheap to reload; accuracy was just so-so.

I had to put what I thought was a heavy taper crimp on the rounds. The pistols in which they were used were both blow backs. Without the heavy crimp the bullets would set back in the case when the toggle or slide chambered a cartridge.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Quick range report.

We fired some of the loads this morning at the Hooligan shoot. The CZ-50 cycled perfectly and we found every case. Even hit the gong at 50 yards with a couple of shots. Can't ask for much more than that.

:D

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    A friend of mine manufactures cast bullets for sale right here locally. Surprisingly, he is getting a lot of orders for .25 cal from down south. Apparently, 25 ACP is a popular reloaded round down there. Talk about a dainty job.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    .32 used to be a standby defense caliber, particularly in Europe.

Its fallen out of favor, but honestly some of the best pocket type pistols I have ever shot have been .32's. I had a Beretta Tomcat that I regret selling, sure it was micro but could put its whole mag in a 4" circle at 15 yards in 10 seconds.

I have a Walther PPK from about 1936 (Eagle C) that I havent had a chance yet to shoot (and expect to get another one).

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    I load .32ACP. Or at least I can and I have. Have a Colt 1903 chambered for it.

.32ACP is definitely not a first choice defense round, or second or third or any other kind of round... HOWEVER, my long standing rule is that any gun you have when you need one, is better than any better choice you don't have. The 03 doesn't lend it self to being "handy," but there are lots of .32's that do. It's a step up from a .25 although I think I'd prefer a .22LR to either and definitely a .22WMR! If there was a semi-auto on a .22LR frame chambered for .17M-2, I wouldn't hesitate to carry one anywhere I could!:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom