• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    guy seemed a little close to muzzling himself, maybe just the camera angle. also one trick i learned the hard way at a match is to not have the ejection port on or close to a port or side.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Interesting that left handed was more accurate. Seemed too close to the barriers for proper transitions. John Lovell (WPS) has a number of good videos on transitions and how to be faster with them. I'm jealous as hell that I don't have land to do this on.

slyitry

Jul 28, 2009
    Thanks for the video and nice shooting.
    If I was out there you may have to help me up to my feet after falling backwards.
    Nice switch to lefty too, way to go.
    Thanks for the encouragement. Also I would gladly help you get back on your feet because I'm pretty sure I would learn more from you than you from me.

slyitry

Jul 28, 2009
    guy seemed a little close to muzzling himself, maybe just the camera angle. also one trick i learned the hard way at a match is to not have the ejection port on or close to a port or side.
    Watching the video it looks like I may have lasered myself a couple of times. As someone suggested I will have to slow it down a bit next time. I will also pay more attention to how close the ejection port is to an obstacle.

slyitry

Jul 28, 2009
    Interesting that left handed was more accurate. Seemed too close to the barriers for proper transitions. John Lovell (WPS) has a number of good videos on transitions and how to be faster with them. I'm jealous as hell that I don't have land to do this on.
    I was also surprised that my accuracy was a little better left handed but I did shoot slower than when I shot righthanded. I will have to check out lovells video on transitions. Mostly what I learned about transitions was watching the old Magpul Dynamics videos.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    sly, go find yourself some 2 and 3 gun matches. a ton of fun and lots of opportunity to shoot on the move, around barricades, tight spots, tight targets. again a ton of fun and stuff you generally cannot do on square static ranges although it looks like you have your own range. go to practiscore.com and look at thurmont and agc among others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom