first time AR buyer. what is legal here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Simple Answer - Stop looking at the internet , or reading Shotgun News . All the blowout sale prices are for 45 State Legal guns , not Md Compliant version . You will just tease and frustrate yourself .

If it's on the shelf at Md dealer , it's legal .

Check prices at MD dealers with rep for good prices , such as JLowes .

The absolute cheapest may not be best choice , and a mid price @ $8-900 may be better value .

Among Md Compliant AR , the Windom Weapons HBC is your yardstick for both price and quality .

No , in Md you can't get the cool toys at cheap prices as in Free America . It's Maryland . Maryland sucks . Accept the suckage , or relocate across the state line .
    ^^THIS. Online dealers will often refuse to ship to restrictive states. Go to a local dealer and remember you get what you pay for. Looking for the "cheapest" is rarely a smart strategy

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    HEY, Let me see WHY I said anything in the first place.

That was last year. Good bet he done sold it by now...

The guy is still posting this year AND when I posted, he only had 22 posts and is STILL in other threads advertising Primers, Powder extra reloading stuff for sale.

Since no one said it back then a year ago, but also said it today when he was at it again, I figured the Newbie didn't know or didn't care to follow rules.

See Below for Farmerjohn.

Not that I am razzing him or anything, but, He and other newbs need to know.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Well Hammer, so, what we just ignore old threads like those lefties ignore and teach to ignore History?
    Why report to a mod if I can simply post and the violator sees he needs to follow rules? Others said same thing in today's Thread where he broke same rule.

Oh and just because a thread is old, doesn't mean we can't learn from it or add to it?
    What if the next time I look to buy and AR I am a " First time AR Buyer" in 2023, 2024, 2025, I can't learn rules or other stuff in 2021 2022 1999?

cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    looking to buy my first AR15 and went to get the cheapest one I can find. I went to a gun shop and their lowest priced one was a lot higher than what I've seen online. are either of these legal to buy here if I don't get the magazine with it? what spec other than the magazine capacity can I NOT have in MD? I know I could read MD laws, but I thought maybe someone could save me time and give me the cliff notes. Thanks in advance

https://www.classicfirearms.com/delton-dt-sport-m2-556-black/

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/95081/ruger+ar556+556+161+black+6+position+stock+30+1+
    e167279aaa126b5f353290ca1b035849.jpg
    4dc1c1a6f11d283cc55f197af99c72c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
    The Maryland State Police has a website for your typical firearms and so-called "regulated" firearms that can be bought at an FFL (Federal Firearms Licensee), which include handguns and certain long guns. I bought an AR-15 from a manufacturer that had a similar looking rifle that was banned. I had to ask the MSP Licernsing Divison to review my rifle, and it was determined that it looked similar to, but did not the same parts as the Colt AR-15.

Maryland State Police, n.d., Maryland State Police Firearms Search, https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

Maryland State Police, n.d., Handgun Roster Board, https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...onBureau/LicensingDivision/HandgunRoster.aspx

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Somewhat Oversplified :

The heavily advertised low price AR advertised on the 'net or Shotgun News are almost always the Free America sku . simply from sales volume

Often Mfg will have 1 or 2 specific sku's that are Md Legal, but they are lower volume , harder to get from distributor and jobbers , and usually not heavily discounted .

Don't tease yourself with on sale guns you can't buy . Do shop around with MDS IPs .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom