• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I know a lot of you guys already have C&Rs and CZ82s but this one is special to me as its the first firearm I've bought with my license since I got it. Been wanting that license since I was about 14 when I started collecting and it was a long 7 years to wait but it finally happened. Got this little gem in the mail today from SOG. 1988 vintage CZ82, figured I'd best get one now before the stupidity of our MD overlords takes effect. Paid the extra hand select fee and I think it paid off, no major scratches or chips in the finish. So thanks go to SOG for making the process as smooth as possible

Awesome gun, shot a few magazines off this afternoon and never had a single problem. I'll shoot it some more tomorrow to test its accuracy.

Think I'm itching for a Yugo Tokarev now, so who has the best ones? Classic and SOG have them in stock but SOG's prices are cheaper. Any recommendations?

Attachments

• DSCN2562.jpg
      DSCN2562.jpg
      57.9 KB · Views: 302
    • DSCN2564.jpg
      DSCN2564.jpg
      57.4 KB · Views: 280

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Yes, I just got one too. These are a great buy, but have not shot it yet. Yesterday I picked up some Norinco and Hornady ammo at Clyde's. I also have a shipment of Russian ammo coming in. Buffalo Bore makes some +P Makarov ammo as well.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    I know a lot of you guys already have C&Rs and CZ82s but this one is special to me as its the first firearm I've bought with my license since I got it.

mf0d.png

Think I'm itching for a Yugo Tokarev now, so who has the best ones? Classic and SOG have them in stock but SOG's prices are cheaper. Any recommendations?

I got mine from SOG. It's got a few dings and nicks here and there, but looks basically new. It's probably my favorite out of all the C&R pistols I have...

rd9l.jpg

0t40.jpg

jwc9.jpg

MedInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 24, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Nice CZ! Just came away from an auction that had both parties frustrated. Seller is from MD and a C&R licensee as am I. Wouldn't go over the border to PA or VA to transfer the gun to me. Stating that logs must be returned to the ATF after the license expires AND that he felt I was skirting the law because the auction ended in 31 July and my license ended on 1 August.

What's the truth here from the ATF? (Sources please)

Where does it say one must turn over their C&R log after the license has expired?

Additionally, what is the handgun magazine limit presently? Thought it was 10. I was told 20 was the limit, although I've never seen a 20-round mag for a pistol.

Thanks for your input.

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    Nice CZ! Just came away from an auction that had both parties frustrated. Seller is from MD and a C&R licensee as am I. Wouldn't go over the border to PA or VA to transfer the gun to me. Stating that logs must be returned to the ATF after the license expires AND that he felt I was skirting the law because the auction ended in 31 July and my license ended on 1 August.

What's the truth here from the ATF? (Sources please)

Where does it say one must turn over their C&R log after the license has expired?

Additionally, what is the handgun magazine limit presently? Thought it was 10. I was told 20 was the limit, although I've never seen a 20-round mag for a pistol.

Thanks for your input.

logs for C&R do not have to be returned to ATF. they can be destroyed after your license expires. see ATF website for details and C&R FAQs:
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/curios-relics.html

magazine limit is currently 20 rds, but goes down to 10 on Oct. 1st.

miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    Wouldn't go over the border to PA or VA to transfer the gun to me.
    Not everyone agrees with that, it does sound like skirting the rules. Although he does not need to turn in his book, a C&R could be audited. Audits are rare but have happened in the past and you should maintain your records for that purpose. Audits could be increased at some point in the future for political reasons. Many people believe in going strictly by the book, to avoid even the appearance of anything questionable. That's understandable.

MedInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 24, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Not everyone agrees with that, it does sound like skirting the rules. Although he does not need to turn in his book, a C&R could be audited. Audits are rare but have happened in the past and you should maintain your records for that purpose. Audits could be increased at some point in the future for political reasons. Many people believe in going strictly by the book, to avoid even the appearance of anything questionable. That's understandable.

His option and that's understandable. Win some, lose some. No hard feelings. Not upset with the guy, just upset with the govt that is trying to put the screws to all of us.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County

Yes, but the entries in your Bound Book are federal, and the law that would be allegedly "skirted" is MD state. The two aren't interrelated.

I believe in going exactly by the book, when it comes to federal law, but don't see the difference between meeting out of state for a sale and going to the same state and buying at a flea market or auction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom