• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    5). Walk in and tell them that you are there for a transfer. The officer Trooper in charge will go outside with you and take it from your vehicle.
    6). Both give your MD driver's license and HQL specifying who is transfering and who is receiving
    7). You both will get the licenses and HQL's back.
    8) Officer Trooper will ask the recipient for a credit card to pay the $10 fee.
    9). Afterwards, the officer Trooper will explain the wait time, the emails both will receive, and instructions to enter the date of the transfer after the wait time.
    FIFY :)

Baba Yaga

Apr 14, 2023
    Odenton
    Last time I did one at Jessup the trooper asked me to bring it in. He never even came out from behind the glass. Handed it to him in a pistol rug under the glass.
    At the end he said we had to wait 7 days but didn’t know why and that was ridiculous.
    He’s right lol
    Thanks so much!

Baba Yaga

Apr 14, 2023
    Odenton
    It automatically belongs to her at that point (at least that's what my wife says)
    @Baba Yaga :

If you wait until you are married,...

"The transfer as a gift/inheritance is free in MD if you go through the portal (waiving the $10 MSP fee)... however the recipient must be an HQL holder to receive handguns...."

Before marriage, it doesn't matter if she is your fiance or not. As long as she is a resident of MD and so are you and both have your respective HQL, then do the following:

1) recipient fills out the 77R prior to the visit,
    2) one of you call the MSP first to verify someone will be there,
    3) both visit the MSP, with your respective MD driver's license and HQL
    4) leave the item of transfer in your trunk, unloaded (I like to just put it in a gun rug because that is the regulated item)
    5). Walk in and tell them that you are there for a transfer. The trooper in charge will go outside with you and take it from your vehicle.
    6). Both give your MD driver's license and HQL specifying who is transfering and who is receiving
    7). You both will get the licenses and HQL's back.
    8) The trooper will ask the recipient for a credit card to pay the $10 fee.
    9). Afterwards, the trooper will explain the wait time, the emails both will receive, and instructions to enter the date of the transfer after the wait time.

After the wait time, if "not disapproved," you can transfer and enter the date through the link provided to the transferrer via email.

Easy peasy.

@RFBfromDE :

I've rented both (F and 4"compact) at Heritage and shot them side by side. Both feel good in the hands but after shooting them, the results (for me were very different)= decent results with the F, but extremely tight groups with the 4"compact. Maybe it is just the fit that made the difference. I recommend actually shooting them before buying.
    Thanks so much!

JRSMD

Sep 4, 2013
    Derwood
    Last time I did one at Jessup the trooper asked me to bring it in. He never even came out from behind the glass. Handed it to him in a pistol rug under the glass.
    At the end he said we had to wait 7 days but didn’t know why and that was ridiculous.
    He’s right lol
    I must have had the same trooper when I did a transfer. He told the owner the same thing to go retrieve the gun and bring it in. He did come in the waiting area and took it behind the glass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom