• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Huge amount of smoke coming from the Cambridge area this afternoon.

We sometimes see what look like controlled burns in that area, but this was a larger smoke plume than I've seen before, looking like it stretched from maybe Bucktown up toward the Queen Anne area.

??

Feb 28, 2013
    Huge amount of smoke coming from the Cambridge area this afternoon.

We sometimes see what look like controlled burns in that area, but this was a larger smoke plume than I've seen before, looking like it stretched from maybe Bucktown up toward the Queen Anne area.

??

I saw that. I was comin west thru Linkwood and thought I was ridin into a storm

BurtonRW

Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    Interesting. A couple of weeks ago they had already done their annual burn along the first part of wildlife drive just past the marsh edge trail on the road to the observation platform. I’m trying to think what other major area(s) they burn out there….

Do they really do the fields inside the causeway while the tundra swans and snow geese are in residence?

-Rob

Mr H

Banana'd
    Interesting. A couple of weeks ago they had already done their annual burn along the first part of wildlife drive just past the marsh edge trail on the road to the observation platform. I’m trying to think what other major area(s) they burn out there….

Do they really do the fields inside the causeway while the tundra swans and snow geese are in residence?

-Rob

That burn must have happened as we were leaving a couple weeks ago!

;)

The refuge is much larger than what the drive-through visitor sees. I'd have to guess this burn is in the more remote areas than you described??

Feb 28, 2013
    They was doin it again today

I was coming west over the Nanticoke bridge on 50 and saw the cloud. Musta started it around 2ish

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Prevailing wind/tide has a lot to do with when how where they burn.
    Years ago it used to be the old heads that would be out there managing the burns. The refuge people would always be with them either for back up or taking advantage of the learning opportunity.
    They have a helluva decent amount of kit at the shop near the boat builder on Key Wallace bridge.

Some real big fires out there over the years. More than I would ever want to light or carry on with.
    On Maple Dam I saw the fires go across the road while they were burning the phrag and there was no one around to be found.
    Maybe they were waiting out in the marsh or over near Best Pitch way I'm not sure. It was a north west and cold and the fire would be right up against your vehicle if you chose to stop.
    Down Nanticoke they're burning too I think based on smoke plumes the other day. Its dry out too even with the recent snowfall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom