• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I finally got around to installing my set of aftermarket sights on one of my M39s and got it out to the range to sight it in.

I'm good, they were almost dead on just by eyeballing it.

I love these things. I am much better with peep sights, I can duplicate my sight picture for each shot whereas I have a lot of trouble with notch style sights. The front blade is thinner and allows for better precision as well.

I wish it was this easy to do on Swiss rifles!!

If you don't know about these, they require no permanent mods to the rifle and install in about 5 minutes (as long as you don't have any seized up screws)

Here's the pics of them on my VKT.

It's 28 bucks shipped for a set.

Email Jason iamrolln@yahoo.com if you are interested. He had 20 sets left as of his last post in July on gunboards.

Attachments

• peep front.jpg
      peep front.jpg
      10.4 KB · Views: 943
    • peep rear.jpg
      peep rear.jpg
      16.2 KB · Views: 1,045

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I got an email back today he is out, and waiting for his machinist to make more.

Bummer, but it's worth the wait.

He's pretty good at getting back to people when he finally gets them back in stock.

I might get a couple more. I wish it was that easy to put them on other rifles.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Bummer, but it's worth the wait.

He's pretty good at getting back to people when he finally gets them back in stock.

I might get a couple more. I wish it was that easy to put them on other rifles.

I put one on my Enfield. Don't recall if he made them or not, looks very similar. Got it off eBay. Like it, wouldn't mind one for my M39. Easy, reversible.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Oh Man!
    I love the M39's and have a half a dozen of them. I'm going to have to make contact with him to get a set or two. Any target pics to post?

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I got one of those peep sights off eBay for my Enfield and like it a lot. I am hoping the guy comes back with more for the M39.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I don't have any target pics since I installed the sight but I'm able to shoot it much better.

Sirex, thanks for the heads up, I just ordered one for my No1 Mk III Ishapore.

Don't worry, the guy will get more of the M39 sights in stock.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    I bought a set of these off gunboards a few years ago shortly after he started selling them.
    Very good quality .
    Front sight is outstanding. However the rear peep mounted that far forward of the action pretty much sucks.
    Peep sights on an AR , M1 etc are awesome when mounted at the rear of the receiver.
    Not to say they don't function...I would say they're 70% as effective as those mounted at the rear of the receiver as opposed to out on the barrel.
    I ended up taking the peep off because I could group significantly better with the original rear sight.
    The taller thinner front sight was a big improvement and I still use it although I have to move the rear sight up to about the 400 meter mark to hit POA @ 100 yards, a little lower or a little higher depending on what flavor of surplus ammo/bullet weight I'm shooting.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I bought a set of these off gunboards a few years ago shortly after he started selling them.
    Very good quality .
    Front sight is outstanding. However the rear peep mounted that far forward of the action pretty much sucks.
    Peep sights on an AR , M1 etc are awesome when mounted at the rear of the receiver.
    Not to say they don't function...I would say they're 70% as effective as those mounted at the rear of the receiver as opposed to out on the barrel.
    I ended up taking the peep off because I could group significantly better with the original rear sight.
    The taller thinner front sight was a big improvement and I still use it although I have to move the rear sight up to about the 400 meter mark to hit POA @ 100 yards, a little lower or a little higher depending on what flavor of surplus ammo/bullet weight I'm shooting.

I have a horrible time with my eyes and notch sights. I can see them, but my eyes get tired and I just can't duplicate my sight picture for each shot. For some reason even these more forward mounted peep sights are way easier for me. I would trade a peep for a notch on every rifle I own if it was as easy and reversible as on the M39

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    I have a horrible time with my eyes and notch sights. I can see them, but my eyes get tired and I just can't duplicate my sight picture for each shot. For some reason even these more forward mounted peep sights are way easier for me. I would trade a peep for a notch on every rifle I own if it was as easy and reversible as on the M39

I have the rear peep still in a bag.....we can work out a trade :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom