• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    Because every state that borders MD and several others that don't border MD honor it.

I carry every single time I'm in VA or DE, which is pretty often. I'm a MD resident, but I have a Utah permit.

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    Took my Utah CCW at IOFAST on Jan 19 in North Baltimore.

Very happy with the lessons learned, so look them up at www.iofast.com

I just checked my cancelled check and it was not processed by Utah until Feb 28.

That is simply amazing....Utah is 30 days behind the curve...

So, I can't expect mine until April 28, 2013, which would be the promised 60 days later.

They must be inundated with applications....WOW

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    Here are the States that honor non-resident Utah permits:

Permit(s) Honored In:
    Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Non Resident Permit(s) Not Honored In:
    California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Guam, Hawaii, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, New York City, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Illinois, N. Mariana Islands

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Exactly Ken. If you plan to stay in MD for awhile, Utah is your best option. Even if you move out of MD you should keep the Utah permit as it's the most honored permit available.

I plan to move to NC within the next 5 years and will get my in-state NC permit while continuing to renew my Utah.

I moved here in 2003, bout ready to move back to VA, I am pretty sick of this state (My damn taxes have went up 20% in the last 3 years).

Thanks for the info, I will knock out a Utah permit.

johnb007

Jul 6, 2011
    Utah permit is awesome. I do all my shopping and date nights in VA. I get to CCW and Virginia gets the revenue. Yay VA, boo MD.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom