FIMS firearms Straight Pull BullPup (SPBP)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Hey everyone, i have been looking to add a precision rifle to my collection and came across a company called “FIMS firearms” out of (of all places) Oakland NJ. Kinda a weird place for a firearms company knowing NJs laws, but theh have a very unique rifle, a Straight pull, Bullpup rifle, being advertised as a precision rifle, i thought you guys in MD would be interested, since its not a semi auto there is not a restriction on it

I talked to the guys who make the rifle and they seem like great guys who believe in their product.

I ended up ordering a 20” .308 version, they also offer a 6.5 CM variant.

When i received the rifle i could tell it was extremely high quality, it feels like a 2700.00 rifle (msrp) and then operating the charging handle, it has a feeling like a very high end bolt action bolt, will just glide without any resistance (minus the spring assisted tension).

The trigger is usually the worst part of a bullpup but this rifle has an adjustable trigger for Two to single stage rifle trigger, its a 4lb double action thats extremely crisp, but can be changed to a 1.85 lb Single stage trigger by the user. I have not had a chance to take it apart to do this just yet.

The barrel is made by criterion barrels which should make this a very very accurate rifle. It is fed by standard SR-25 pattern magazines.

I will be doing videos on the rifle on my Youtube channel “WVGunsNGoats” once i get it setup with a scope and bipod.

Attachments

• F10AAF1B-F921-4A5B-8227-F25104ED9F22.jpeg
      F10AAF1B-F921-4A5B-8227-F25104ED9F22.jpeg
      323.3 KB · Views: 152

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    interesting. AR-10 bolt and barrel?
    It appears to be a standard AR-10 bolt, the barrel however lacks a gas system, and is Thermally shrink fit to the receiver. Once the receiver and barrel are fit together it takes an extremely large amount of force to separate them.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Odd they did that over threaded. Hope one doesn't ever need to replace a barrel.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    That is the problem I had in my mind.
    I will ask them if they will rebarrel the uppers if needed. But that takes a bunch of rounds to burn out a barrel generally on a precision gun, right?

Edit: they will sell you a whole new upper instead of rebarreling.

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I will ask them if they will rebarrel the uppers if needed. But that takes a bunch of rounds to burn out a barrel generally on a precision gun, right?

Edit: they will sell you a whole new upper instead of rebarreling.
    .308 has a reasonable life, 6.5CM is going to die by 2500 rounds.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    "Precision," and "bullpup" are not words I was ever expecting to see together. I'm definitely curious...especially about how it handles prone.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    "Precision," and "bullpup" are not words I was ever expecting to see together. I'm definitely curious...especially about how it handles prone.
    The desert tech bullpup bolt guns shoot lights out. The bolt is a PITA to manipulate in prone as you pretty much have to break position. The semis I've seen shot have been ok.

This is a new one. I'll reserve judgement. The thermal fit barrel is retarded engineering. That is the kind of stupid that cost steyr major market share in otherwise excellent rifles. Zermatt, among others, is shipping interchangeable bolt head actions with tolerances so consistent that many companies will ship you a shouldered prefit barrel and it will be perfect. No excuse for a system that I am all but certain uses a breeching ring (dta, badger, and seekins do as well) not to have a barrel that is easier to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom