• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dapefley

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Hughesville MD
    Just need a little help from all the smart guys here:innocent0.

I am filling out the paperwork for my C&R, and I have scoured the internet, but apparently my googlefu is way off today. I live in Frederick County, and am trying to determine who the CLEO is, and where I send a copy of this form to.

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Also, do I need to fill out this form as well? I am guessing yes.
    http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-5330-20.pdf

David

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    It's probably the elected sheriff of Frederick County.

I don't recall having to fill that other form out. It looks to me like you only have to do that if you are not a citizen by birth. Maybe others here will know more.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Yes, you need to fill out the 5330-20. Answer questions 1 thru 3 then skip to 7 (assuming you're a US Citizen!) and sign. Needs to accompany your application form.
    Now, get it in the mail and start to go broke!

dapefley

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Hughesville MD
    Yes, you need to fill out the 5330-20. Answer questions 1 thru 3 then skip to 7 (assuming you're a US Citizen!) and sign. Needs to accompany your application form.
    Now, get it in the mail and start to go broke!

Are you sure? I didn't think I had to, and the form already went in the mail:party29:

The reason I didn't think I had to, was because the website is quoted as saying: "In addition to the below documents, applications must be accompanied by a signed Certification of Compliance (ATF F 5330.20) for each additional Responsible Person (RP) on the license, if applicable."

Am I wrong? Did I just screw myself out of about a month worth of wait time.:sad20:

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Are you sure? I didn't think I had to, and the form already went in the mail:party29:

The reason I didn't think I had to, was because the website is quoted as saying: "In addition to the below documents, applications must be accompanied by a signed Certification of Compliance (ATF F 5330.20) for each additional Responsible Person (RP) on the license, if applicable."

Am I wrong? Did I just screw myself out of about a month worth of wait time.:sad20:

I think the operative element is found in the word "documents", which I take to mean that the applicant must submit BOTH documents and an additional 5330.20 for each ADDITIONAL responsible person.

Either way, good luck!

mgbill

Apr 19, 2007
    Mount Airy, MD
    I think the operative element is found in the word "documents", which I take to mean that the applicant must submit BOTH documents and an additional 5330.20 for each ADDITIONAL responsible person.

Either way, good luck!
    Contact the ATF Federal Firearms Licensing Center by email and ask them for guidance. You are supposed to file both forms...although I agree it doesn't seem logical.

They were very responsive to my query about status of my renewal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom