• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    Sent in the paperwork for my suppressor a month or so ago... then found the "perfect" house for kid and fiancee in Martinsburg.... Honestly, hadn't gone online to look, but does anyone know what I need to do know? Wait and then transfer to myself in WV? Or do some kind of amendment and change the address?

Thanks in advance

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    How soon are you moving? Im assuming your residency will change from MD to WV. Most likely you will need to cancel your paperwork with ATF, get your refund, get your current dealer to form 3 to new dealer in WV, and start over.

General rule of thumb is INTRAstate moves require no paperwork changes, INTERstate moves are unfortunately a pain in the rear if you’re in the middle of a Form 4.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Sent in the paperwork for my suppressor a month or so ago... then found the "perfect" house for kid and fiancee in Martinsburg.... Honestly, hadn't gone online to look, but does anyone know what I need to do know? Wait and then transfer to myself in WV? Or do some kind of amendment and change the address?

Thanks in advance
    Send a PM to Protege V

He was in a similar situation.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD

Thanks in advance

At least it's only a suppressor.
    I suggest you call the stamp approver office on Monday. I had the same challenge when moving from MD to AZ the second time.

sundaeman

MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    Anyone ever tried putting in a 5320.20 in ahead of time? Just curious.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I added a family member that still lived in MD to my trust and he picked it up when the stamp came in. Later removed him.

I thought anyone had to be on the trust when it was submitted. Or else must wait until after approved. Or was it between approval and the stamp coming in?

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I thought anyone had to be on the trust when it was submitted. Or else must wait until after approved. Or was it between approval and the stamp coming in?

I honestly don’t recall. I very well may have had him on it prior to submitting. This was years ago.

OP check the regs obviously to make sure you are in compliance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom