• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duckduckgoose

Sep 7, 2016
    Annapolis, MD
    Has anyone heard what’s going to happen to orders that had already been shipped there? My lower says it was delivered today and FedEx left it outside their door. Hoping it doesn’t get stolen..
    I'm not sure what will happen with something that hasn't begun the 7 day wait... I believe the last day they started transfers was Friday the 30th. They called me on Tuesday (1/3) and told me I could come tonight to pick up my stuff between 4 and 7 today (1/6).

Last edited:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    This sucks. Now I need a new favorite FFL. Those guys were super nice and always made me feel welcome, super helpful, friendly etc. I bought a few lowers, a pistol, a suppressor, and did several transfers there with zero issues and the prices were fair. Hopefully they come back in a new location.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I'm bummed - I liked that shop a lot and I have the listed as my primary FFL on Gun Broker - looks like I need to find another one now.

I can't get the page to load from the link that was posted. Can anyone paraphrase the gist of the whole thing? Is the shop gone for good or is this a temporary thing?

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I'm bummed - I liked that shop a lot and I have the listed as my primary FFL on Gun Broker - looks like I need to find another one now.

I can't get the page to load from the link that was posted. Can anyone paraphrase the gist of the whole thing? Is the shop gone for good or is this a temporary thing?
    Hope it's okay to post this:

Field Traders LLC is closed to the general public​

We are NOT accepting transfers at this time​

If you are awaiting pickup from a 77R or transfer, we will reach out to you about scheduling your pickup.

Q & A​

• Will I get my gun that I paid for ?
    • Yes, you will get a direct phone call this week about scheduling a time to pickup
    • I have a pending silencer or short barrel rifle, what happens?
    • Your tax stamp will be processed and you will receive your silencer or short barreled rifle as normal.
    • Did something hapen ? Why are you closed ?
    • Nothing happened, we are still fully licensed. We are just closing the retail store in Pasadena.
    • Do you have any inventory left that I can buy?
    • No, we are not processing any sales.
    • Why didn't you give any notice for the store closing?
    • We have already had good customers with tears in their eyes, we love you guys but the best option for us was to close up with no notice.

Other gun stores we recommend​

We'll miss you!

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    This suuuuucks! I'd stumbled into their shop maybe 6-8 months ago for the first time and liked them so much that I did all of my FFL business through them, and picked up some AR parts from them as well - I felt that their prices were competitive to anything I could get online, (once factoring for shipping charges) and they carried decent stuff.

It is what it is and it can't be helped, but it is a bummer.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    They were probably overwhelmed with how gun business friendly the state and county are and felt bad about how low their insurance costs were compared to other area businesses.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Speculation but after the break in did they have a change of heart? Did the break in cause unwarranted attention from the ATF? Did they violate some MD/local code for protecting firearms?

They seemed to be doing really well business wise. When they first opened there may have been one other person there when I was there. The last time I went it was almost too full to move around.

duckduckgoose

Sep 7, 2016
    Annapolis, MD
    They were probably overwhelmed with how gun business friendly the state and county are and felt bad about how low their insurance costs were compared to other area businesses.

Speculation but after the break in did they have a change of heart? Did the break in cause unwarranted attention from the ATF? Did they violate some MD/local code for protecting firearms?

They seemed to be doing really well business wise. When they first opened there may have been one other person there when I was there. The last time I went it was almost too full to move around.

Definitely a damn shame to lose them. My guess is that insurance rates kept rising with each attempted break-in and it just got to the point that it wasn't worth it. Combine with the new year and a new rate, they probably just decided to pull the plug. But that's obviously all speculation.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    This sucks. They were the closest shop to me. I got some things on black friday and looking back I remembered someone behind the counter said something like I wish every day was more like this. I wonder if sales had been slowing already. It always felt pretty busy when I was in there.

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    I know it's been a while, but any info on what actually happened to them? They were my favorite local shop and it would be nice to know

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom