• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies

CPRC: At the Washington Times: FBI data on good guys with guns called ‘garbage’ as critic finds many more cases:​

Washington Times article:

Good guys’ guns save lives more often than reported​

FBI limits database of active shooting cases:

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I would take it a step further and mandate that police shootings be included in the "good guy with a gun" stats.

You can't put up barriers that exclude 95% of citizens from carrying a gun and then say, "no good guys with a gun stop active shooters!"

Ackshuallly a good guy with a gun stops most active shooters.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    Good guys with guns, don't fit their or the liberal left narrative.

What does fit is, "Gun Violence".
    My guns have never caused any violence.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    When my fiancee mentioned that one of the vet techs where we take her dog has an assault rifle sticker on her car, then says why does anyone need an assault rifle? I told her, maybe she has the sticker to give potential thugs a warning that she is not defenseless.

Also, I told her, that Assault rifles are a misnomer in the common way it is used.

This is what Google says.
    Is an AR-15 considered an assault weapon?

AR-15 and other semi-automatic rifles are NOT “assault weapons” or “assault rifles.” An assault rifle is fully automatic — a machine gun. Automatic firearms have been severely restricted from civilian ownership since 1934.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    When my fiancee mentioned that one of the vet techs where we take her dog has an assault rifle sticker on her car, then says why does anyone need an assault rifle? I told her, maybe she has the sticker to give potential thugs a warning that she is not defenseless.

Also, I told her, that Assault rifles are a misnomer in the common way it is used.

AR-15 and other semi-automatic rifles are NOT “assault weapons” or “assault rifles.” An assault rifle is fully automatic — a machine gun. Automatic firearms have been severely restricted from civilian ownership since 1934.
    It doesn't matter what the definition is. They want to ban magazine fed GUNS period.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind

Actually, K-31 can help you with this. Have a talk with him SOON.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Yup. Quibbling over semantics totally misses the point.
    Quibbling over semantics may be the point.

Throw enough imprecise or deliberately misleading terminology around, and the generally uninformed will never have the energy to dig the truth out from under the verbal garbage; trying to educate them merely makes you seem desperate and some kind of a conspiracy nut case.

This is of course the intention.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I know this and you know this, but many uneducated do not know the full measure of the narrative.
    Some may barely know the difference between a Potato gun and a Shotgun.
    If you lined up 500 "anti-gun violence" people, this semantic argument may change 1 person's mind. The juice isn't worth the squeeze. There are better ways to convince people of why AR 15's are necessary and within our rights...and it's also not fending off 30 feral hogs. That doesn't resonate with many people.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    No need, just tell him what you told us.
    E.Shell,

If you worry about pushback re: any firearm I may have or will have in the future, I have never had any to date and don't expect to. A worse concern is the growing crime, when the women in my world travel to and from Balto Co, and Glen Burnie areas. Any real cautions I express make no dent as the fiancee and 30+ year old daughters don't fully comprehend the targets they are in places like Baltimore, DC, Philly, ,NYC etc.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    If you lined up 500 "anti-gun violence" people, this semantic argument may change 1 person's mind. The juice isn't worth the squeeze. There are better ways to convince people of why AR 15's are necessary and within our rights...and it's also not fending off 30 feral hogs. That doesn't resonate with many people.
    [Kev308] I agree. AND I never brought up the nuts and bolts to my uneducated female significant other. I simply posted the google definition thing in here for reference as to what I found when I did MY search.

However, I have had her shoot my MkII 22 and GP100 with 38 SPL in it. This is a big step for what used to be one of the most shy and introverted girls in all of our High School.
    As bad as it sounds though, I don't want her wake up experience to be a physical attack or assault or event where she must defend herself without being equipped. She is not an anti, BUT, usually, those who are, sure change their tune when the shid gets personal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom