• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    That link doesn’t say they are requiring adult signature for hazmat shipments. It says they are requiring ID for shipments requiring an adult signature.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Funny, I just received some ammo via Fed-Ex yesterday. Shipped to me but my wife went to the door to sign and the driver asked through the door what her name was, he then signed it for her, smiled and left.
    Still a good deal on XM118 :)

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    That link doesn’t say they are requiring adult signature for hazmat shipments. It says they are requiring ID for shipments requiring an adult signature.

Yep. It says ID scanning to be required for adult signatures beginning June 2022. Which means, they say they collect name and age only, but who knows? And who knows where whatever info they collect ultimately winds up?

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Let’s see, in the last two weeks FedEx has delivered two separate orders (from AmmoShopOnline) - one for 10,000 rds of 9mm and the other 6,000 rds of 556 and thankfully the driver(s) left the boxes right outside our garage door (we’re “somewhat” off the beaten path) …

I’m chalking it up to being a rural area and we go out of our way to say thank you each time we’re here (cold drinks in summer and energy bars in winter)

I am curious to see how things go with the 2k rds of 223 I ordered from TrueShot last night … should be here between Tuesday and Thursday next week …

None of this is good; just like asinine useless lies of new laws, any new restrictions by freighters are never rolled back, especially and even when proven to be useless in actually accomplishing anything. Other than harassing law-abiding citizens …

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Thanks for being pedantic, but it still doesn’t say anything about requiring ID for HAZMAT shipments.

What else
    Thanks for being pedantic, but it still doesn’t say anything about requiring ID for HAZMAT shipments.

This does. Read it.

Hazmat requires adult signature with FedEx.

And you're welcome.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    I did read it, and it says ID is required for adult signature. It doesn’t say anything about Hazmat requiring adult signature.

I ship and receive Hazmat every week at work by FedEx, and we never sign for it. We only have to sign the shipper certification.

Here’s their whole shipping guide for Hazmat. No where does it require a delivery signature.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    I did read it, and it says ID is required for adult signature. It doesn’t say anything about Hazmat requiring adult signature.

I ship and receive Hazmat every week at work by FedEx, and we never sign for it. We only have to sign the shipper certification.

Here’s their whole shipping guide for Hazmat. No where does it require a delivery signature.

It says that hazmat (amongst other items listed) always requires an adult signature.

"However, signatures are always required for many types of shipments to be delivered, such as permitted shipments of alcohol, high value package goods, dangerous goods, hazardous materials, pharmaceuticals, and firearms."

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Have not had any hazmat delivered recently but did get a case of wine last week and had to show id which they scanned before signature, never had to do that before.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Have not had any hazmat delivered recently but did get a case of wine last week and had to show id which they scanned before signature, never had to do that before.

*****I drink more wine than I shoot at the moment, and also had to show ID as well as sign before they gave me my case of wine recently. Dunno if it is a change in policy or due to my new skin care regimen with superior moisturizers and collagen rebuilders + wrinkle fillers I am using, but I almost felt like I was being carded again like back in high school.

Crazy I know...

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Probably had someone underage sign for alcohol or ammo, and Karen got upset. So now everyone has to show ID and log it into the scanner.

Q

jef955

Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    I wonder if this will apply to shipments with lithium batteries (I get a lot of those!).
    Very interesting point..Here's $9,000 worth, just dumped at out door 4:30 Friday afternoon- FedEx at its finest !

Attachments

• 20220708_164605.jpg
      20220708_164605.jpg
      292.9 KB · Views: 61

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I wonder if this will apply to shipments with lithium batteries (I get a lot of those!).

*****I just a got a bunch myself yesterday and didn't have to sign anything. They left them all by my garage. The wine thing is mebbe as someone pointed out due to an underage kid signing and someone getting upset by it - or the under aged kid ordered it and received it, and someone got in trouble over it, etc..

This is why we can't have nice things.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    *****I just a got a bunch myself yesterday and didn't have to sign anything. They left them all by my garage. The wine thing is mebbe as someone pointed out due to an underage kid signing and someone getting upset by it - or the under aged kid ordered it and received it, and someone got in trouble over it, etc..

This is why we can't have nice things.
    I missed something today because of that. My shipment went as two packages (I assume something on shipping rules the ORM and hazmat can't go together). Anyway, the ORM arrived Sunday, but the hazmat was delayed a day because "barcode unreadable. New label printed" I think was the error message.

Anyway, they attempted deliver this morning, 5 minutes after I left to get my wife from the airport. Oh well. Wouldn't leave it with my 14 year old. Though apparently if I had left my license with him, they would have. "Sorry, I have to be able to scan an ID".

So those with kids, leave an ID with them and maybe you are good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom